Well, this week was weird. It wasn´t bad; our numbers were really really high and we have a lot of people that are progressing and that are going to get baptized. But, something just felt weird. I don´t really know why. I think it´s because me and my comp had a few little arguments. But we cleared everything up. We didn´t just argue and then stay mad at each other for hours and hours. We argued and then, we talked about it and cleared everything up. I don´t really know. It was just a weird week. And I’m really tired right now, so that might be it. I woke up at 5am this morning to go to the bathroom and I didn´t fall asleep afterwards. So, maybe the week just seems weird because I’m so tired right now. I don´t really know. But, things will get better.
Well, angelica didn´t get baptized yet. We´re still working with her and her mom. But, she´s coming along and she´ll be getting baptized soon here.
We have two guys, Gustavo and Fredy, that are definitely getting baptized. They have dates set for the 18th of august. (I can´t believe we´re in august already. It feels like yesterday was January. But oh well.). They both came to church yesterday and they´re progressing really really well. We taught Gustavo yesterday and we asked him after the lesson if we can visit him again on Tuesday. He said "can you come sooner?" I said, "tomorrow, we´re going to busy the whole day. We already have appointments set with people." Then, he said "well, can you come by again today, maybe at night?" That was pretty cool. I´ve never had that before. But he said he just wants to talk with us because he feels good and he wants to learn more. So, he´s coming along really well and he´s really excited. Fredy also is progressing well. He likes everything we teach him and he´s reading the bom every day. He walks all the way to church by himself and he lives about 40 minutes away walking from the church. He´s only 17 but he acts like he´s 30. Maybe it´s because he more or less is the man of the house. His dad only comes home once every 2 weeks because he works in a different city and when he´s here, he just gets drunk and causes problems. We went to their house yesterday after church and the dad was causing a lot of problems. It was really sad. Alcohol ruins lives and families. If anyone who reads this letter has ever even considered drinking" DON´T DO IT!. it will destroy your life and your family. Alcohol is a huge problem in Paraguay and it´s really opened my eyes. We´re so blessed to have a living prophet that guides us away from things like alcohol. The Word of Wisdom is such a blessing. Obey it.
That´s cool that the cabin got a jet ski. That will be fun. Jet skis are the best.
Mom- the week sounds like it was pretty crazy. But, isn´t that how life is? I´m glad that you could relax a little up at the cabin.
Dad- what exactly did you get shots in your back for? I think I forgot that part...
John- well, I’m glad you don´t feel too weird as just a regular person. I´m glad you´re enjoying the cabin. Although, altitude sickness doesn´t sound fun. I have no idea what the altitude is like in Paraguay. I hope I don´t have that problem when I finish.
Austin- how´s work and life and everything?
Shaylee- how was the cabin? I hope you enjoyed it?
Tasha- have a good summer. Enjoy it. How´s life?
The church is true. I know that. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I had a rough morning this week, so I got down and prayed a lot. And God helped me through my problems. I know he hears us and answers us. The answers usually come in unexpected ways, but they always come. I know that Christ is our Savior. He lives and loves us. This is his church and he leads it through a living Prophet.
Love you all,
Elder Jordan Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.