Well, as for this week, it was good. Not the best week ever but it was good. The best part of the week was an invest. that we have who´s named Zulma. She´s an 18 yr. old girl that´s living with her sister and brother in law, who are 2 of the most faithful members in the country. We´ve been teaching her for a while and it´s kind of been a slow process but now, she´s golden and ready to go. She came to church yesterday and she really liked it. We had an awesome lesson with them on monday. it was only 10 minutes long, but it was awesome. Her older sister just bore her testimony to her and told her to get baptized and she felt the spirit really strong. It was really cool. Then last night, we taught her again and we taught lesson 3, the gospel of Jesus Christ. We were teaching about baptism and we asked her if she remembered her baptism date (in paraguay, almost everyone accepts a baptism date without any problems but they never remember the date). She said she didn´t remember. So then we told her again and we asked her if she´ll get baptized that day. She kind of paused and looked at us and then said "yeah, i know that this is the true church. i´ve really always known it. Every time i come to this house (her brother in laws house) i always felt like it was true. and know that i live here, i know it´s true. I´m decided. I´m getting baptized." It was SUPER awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She´s has a baptism date for April 7th, right after General Conference. She´d be getting baptized this saturday but she´s going out of town this week because in Paraguay, the week of easter is just a vactation week. Nobody works Wednesday through sunday, so she´s going out of town. But, she´s ready to go for when she gets back.
Other than Zulma, we don´t have any really good invest. A lot of our invest. were really sick this week or went out of town, so we´re in the process of looking for other people to teach.
We had a zone leaders conference this morning. It was super super awesome. I learned exactly what i needed to learn. I´ve been feeling lately that i´m not good enough. I´ve been feeling lately that i´m a really really bad zone leader especially. But we talked today about how to get over that and what we need to do as a mission. To end the conference, President read some scriptures in Moses 6:23-33 (i think) about Enoc and how enoc basically said to God that he´s only a young boy and how can he do anything to change all the people but the Lord basically just tells him, Keep on working and doing what you know you should do. I realized that´s what i need. I´ve had a really hard couple of weeks and i realized that i haven´t been 100% like i used to be. I used to talk to anyone and everyone that i saw. the situation didn´t matter. I wasn´t afraid or hesitant. But now, for some weird reason, i hesitate and i´m afraid sometimes. I realized that i just have to trust in the Lord and do everything that i possibly can to help these people come unto Christ and he´ll do the rest.
Lauren- congratulations. the mission is going to be amazing. You´re going to be a great missionary. I´d give you advice but it´d be the same for you as it was for Lexie and Annie, so to save time, just read what i wrote them 2 weeks ago. But the mission is the greatest. Work hard and always remember that you´re serving the Lord and that you are on the winning team.
David- Congratulations on your call. That´s super cool.
Mom- Can you find out when registration is and send me a list of classes please? My comp is going to BYU as well and he told me that his mom told him that it´s this week. So, if it is, just put me in whatever you think will work out best. Just please, keep me out of english and writing classes. I don´t know english anymore and i know i´d fail an english class if i took it. Put me in as many religion and general classes as possible that seem relativly easy. I´ve realized the last couple of days that my brain doesn´t work like it used to. I can´t even do simple addition anymore so i think college is going to be like a punch in the face. So, if you can put me in easier classes that´d be nice. Also, could you ask Heidi from the MTC copy center how many hours she could give me a week. Because if i can get a lot of hours there, i think that would be better for me than teaching in the MTC because i stress too much but going to the copy center was always really relaxing So, if you could ask her, that´d be great.
Dad- sounds like youre super busy just building play sets. sounds like a blast.
John- your life sounds really boring. You should do something else. I don´t know what, but you should find something to do.
Austin- excited for the mission?
Shaylee- you got a solo? cool stuff. i hope it goes well and that you get better.
TAsha- how are things? do you like your new YW´s leaders?
The church is true. I have absolutetly no doubt. I know that families can be together forever. I know Jospeh Smith was a prophet. I know that the BoM is true. My tesimony is simple. I don´t know much but i know that Jesus is the Christ and the Savior of the world. I love you all.
Elder Jordan Schouten
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]>
<![endif]>
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.