Monday, January 13

1/13/2013: Austin - The end of Transfer Number 3...

Hola Familia!

 

I can`t believe I`m already done with 3 tranfers in the field. This change seemed like about 5 minutes, and the 2 before were about 5 months. We haven`t had much success this change, but I`ve actually loved it. I really love my companion and we try as hard as we can. 

 

One of the main reasons I love my comp is because he works hard. When it`s time to go, sometimes he doesn`t want to, he says he`s too tired. And then I tell him something along the lines of "well, that blows. Get up and lets go" then we both laugh and go to work. We have a really good relationship. I`m going to miss him when I get transfered (which might be tomorrow, I`m going to find out in about an hour). Another reason why I love him is because he`s really calm, really laid back. We were planning a talent show activity for the ward to liven it up because our ward is DEAD! and we said that all of us missionaries need to do something (we`re 4). and he was thinking and said "Hmm...what are my talents? Patience? I can`t think of anything else" and that`s not pride. It`s true. He`s really accepting and patient. That`s a reason we have a good relationship, he helps me calm down and can stand living with me, which isn`t an easy task. I`m gonna miss him when I leave. He wants to learn english, and he`s pretty good. and he told him trainer, a white guy, that he`s gonna learn English on the mission and study the scriptures only in English when he`s done (that`s a goal the area president has for every latin missionary). But he told me that he doesn`t know how he`ll buy english scriptures, you can`t get them here. I solved the problem for him. I gave him mine. I told him if at the end of the mission, he can`t understand them, he has to give them back (we`re going to go home the same day). So that`s the deal. That wasn`t easy, that`s how much I love the kid. 

 

This week, we actually had success! We actually had multiple days when we taught multiple lessons! Which sounds ridiculous, but that doesn`t normally happen in my area. One day, we had a work visit with an office elder. Like, 5 companionships when with an office elder, one with president, one with each assistant, and one with the financial secretary and the package secretary guy (I think). I went with the financial secretary, a gringo that was in my zone the first transfer, Elder Moody. It was way fun working with him and he taught me a lot. He gave my little pointers to help me out. 

 

We`re got some new, potential investigators. We`ve only taught each one, one or two times, so I don`t know much about them yet. If I don`t get transfered, i`ll tell you about them. 

 

Mom - Tashie is taking voice lessons from Erin and Miss McGuire????????????? ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿Què?????????????? Really? wow. And I loved what you said about the spirit in your lessons, it`s so true. That`s all that really matters. Without the spirit, we`re dead. There`s no way to make it through life honestly. We all take for granted the gift of the Holy Ghost. We all need to remember how important it is for us. I love what Brother Tiffany said about that floor. I can totally hear him saying that. haha. I can`t believe they`re back already.

 

Dad - 50 hours work? I thought you couldn`t work overtime anymore?

 

John and Jordan - how`s the post mission life? I`m not jealous.

 

Tashita - YOU`RE TAKING VOICE FROM ERIN AND MISS MCGUIRE???? What? That`s crazy. Thanks for your letter. I replied.

 

Shaylee - how goes the play?

 

Well, I love the Lord with all my heart. The Lord gives us challenges so that we can learn to turn to him and trust him completely. As I have turned to him, I have felt his strength and his blessings. This week, we gave it all to him. Completely. And we had success, through trials, we have success. I love him and all that he has done for me.

 

Love, 

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.