Tuesday, March 18

Austin: 3/17/2014 - I`m too lazy/have forgotten enough English that I can`t think of a clever subject so I`ll just leave it at this....

Hola Familia!

 

This week was good. Like I said last week, I`m loving Iraq. We got a lot better, Elder Jara and I, with our teaching. We still can improve, we can always improve, but we got better. We had some really good lessons.

 

We have one guy ready for baptism this week. Guillermo Soto. Don÷t know if I÷ve talked about him. don÷t know what just happened with my apostraphy or whatever you call that, i÷m just gonna keep going. Hope you can read it. He÷s really great. And crazy. He lives in a, not exactly asylm, but sort of. He÷s got some mental disorder, I can÷t remember what it is. But he÷s really good, and understands what we teach and wants to be baptized. The only problem is or will be getting him permission to come to his baptism. He wants to get baptized, but we don÷t know if his boss guys are gonna say yes or no. We÷re praying that the answer is yes and we÷re gonna go talk to his boss guy to help him. He÷s really great. His baptismal date if friday night so we÷re gonna keep praying. 

 

This Thursday we had a conference with Elder Waddell. He÷s a member of the seventy and in the area presidency. He pretty much drilled our mission. It was awesome. He didn÷t drill us like we÷re awful, but he taugh more than anything what they have to teach to every mission here in the area. That we baptize converts, not just people. He said that last year 38 thousand people were baptized, I think, and the church asistance went up only 9 thousand. The blessing here in peru is that it÷s easier to baptize than in the rest of the world. And the curse is that is`s easier to baptize than the rest of the world. The missionaries baptize people, not converts, and he taught us how to baptize people who are CONVERTS, not people. 

 

I got a really cool notice about a CONVERT that Elder Martinez and I baptized. If yall remember, we baptized one girl, Luz. And, don÷t know if I said this, the next week she moved. She went to live very far away. No clue where. And Martinez called me this week and told me that she came back. Her family moved back to lima, and she came to church. When she was there, she went to church, by herself. She is 11 years old. That, is a convert. She kept reading the book of mormon, and going to church. That made me really happy that we were able to baptize a CONVERT that the Lord had already prepared.

 

Mom = That "fact" scared me. That your great aunt got married at 17. That÷s just...wow. Can÷t believe it. And as for being senior comp, it÷s pretty much the same. With Elder Martinez, I was the backbone, and he was the brain in the lessons. I did my part, of course, but mostly it was motivation. Now, I÷m the motivation and the brains. But I learned enough from martinez that it÷s not extremely hard. Is it hard? of course. But I÷m doing it. And I totally believe you about what you said about Shaylee÷s play. The girl÷s amazing. I was always cocky about my voice. And I say was because I÷ve pretty much lost it already on my mission. But I was cocky, but I always have known that she÷s WAY better than I÷ll every be. And she÷s what? 11? She÷s incredible. And I totally understand the whole sickness thing with plays. haha. Every single stinking time. And jared is gonna be SBO? Seriously? What a piece of dung. He never told me anything. Tell him to write me. But that÷s cool. It doesn÷t surprise me that he tried, and won. He÷s the the character.

 

Dad = that car....is incredible but still......wow. 

 

John = What you said really hit me this week, "if you÷re not happy, you÷re not doing it right" I realized I wasn÷t too happy. But I noticed it, and changed a lot this week. And then you just confirmed what I was thinking. I need to let the people see the light and joy in my eyes.

 

Jordan = died?

 

Tashita = that joke....SO TRUE. hahahahaha. And you got a job at lagoon??? Too bad...hahaha. That÷s cool. What are you gonna do? 

 

Shaylee = hey, I heard you did AMAZING in your play. And I don÷t doubt it. Because you are amazing. I÷m really happy for you. And the same thing ALWAYS happened to me when I had a concert or a play or something. I was always sick. The Lord gives us the trial, because we need to learn to trust Him and remember that our talent isn÷t ours. It÷s from Him. He gave it to us. And we have to remember Him, and He know÷s that He has to humble us so that we remember. I hope you feel better soon. Just keep trusting in the Lord.

 

I÷m so grateful for the trials that the Lord always gives us, so that we can learn to trust him, be humble, and find joy.

 

Love,

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.