Hola Familia!
So I´m officially an elder because the sisters from my group are dead. They go home today. That´s super crazy.
On Friday, I said a true, heartfelt prayer. I have been working hard for a long time. I have been doing what I should do. And I have felt really good. I have felt good, but I have felt like something has been missing. On Friday night, I said a true, heartfelt prayer. I told the Lord everything. I told Him everything I felt, and as I prayed, I just asked the Lord to help me feel His love. I have been working, I have felt the spirit, but I haven´t felt the Lord´s love. Well, I have, but I haven´t felt it as strongly as I had before. So I just asked him to help me feel the Lord´s love.
On Saturday morning, I recieved the first part of my answer. I read my Book of Mormon to stary my study, like normal. I read it, and after felt that I should read my patriarcal blessing. I didn´t know why, but I felt like I should. So I read it. In the first paragraph, it talks about how much the Lord loves me. As I read and truly studied my blessing, I could remember what I felt when I recieved my blessing, 7 years ago. I felt the love of the Lord. I truly could feel that the Lord loved me and wants the best for me. I was so greatful because the Lord had answered my prayer. But little did I know that that was just the first part of my answer.
Saturday night, we had a baptism! Pamela FINALLY got baptized! It was such a blessing to see her make that covenant with the Lord. She was so happy! After her baptism, she shared her testimony, her experience. It was a truly powerful testimony. She told us that one time, she was in her boyfriend´s house, who is less active, and a few young single adults were there, and they invited her to church. And she decided to go. She went, and as she said, she didn´t want to accept it. She was there, felt good, but didn´t want to accept. She remembered that day that I went up and talked to her, and invited her to listen to us, and what did she say to me? No. She straight up said no, and that she didn´t want to. She asked for my number, and said she would call me. I gave it to her, and thought "she will never progress and be baptized. I will never get that call" Well, I was half right. she didn´t call, but the next sunday she was at church and asked if we could teach her. She told us in her testimony that what changed her was one day she went to her boyfriend´s house and they had a Family Night, and in that family night, they talked about Eternal Families. In that family night, she felt something that she had never felt before. She saw a bond in the family that her family didn´t have, and she had the desire to have an eternal family. And because of that family night, she decided to listen to us. As she shared that testimony, I felt the spirit so strongly. I felt the Lord´s love, again. I felt how much He loved me and how much He loved her. It was so powerful. I started to tear up. I´m not going to deny it. Because I had recieved the answer to my prayer.
And that wasn´t the end of my answer! The closing song was "Las Families Pueden Ser Eternas" (Families can be together forever). As we sang it, I couldn´t even sing. I was so full of the spirit, that I cried. I cried. As we sang, I thought about the picture of my family that I have on the back of my tag. I took off my tag and looked at it. I cried even harder. I know, without any doubt, that I can live with my family forever. Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father´s plan. I know that the Lord is our Heavenly Father, and I know that He loves us. He wants the best for us, and we can live with Him forever.
Mom - that sounds fun, teaching 8th graders. I always wanted to be a teacher, but now, I don´t think so. I don´t know what to do with my life. But that´s something to think about later. I hope all is good.
Dad - How goes work?
John - hi
jordan - hi
Tasha - Good luck on your drivers test.
Shaylee - hi
Love you all!
Love
Elder Schouten
Four pictures attached.
Picture RSCN3177.jpg - this is my ward mission leader. he´s awesome
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.