Saturday, June 23

Natasha's Mission Letter: Week 1

Hello family!

Wow where to start? I don't even know. Well I guess you could say that I've learned 3 things so far:

1. All those comments missionaries have about not knowing how many prayers they say in a day are true. They're not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure I've said more prayers in the past 3 1/2 days than I've have all together in the past month.
2. My shoes are not as broken in as I thought they were. Let's just say I have many blisters...
3. I've learned to never do an endowment session while your a missionary. I'm pretty sure I only heard a total of probably 30 minutes or less of the whole session. 

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the few days I've had here so far. My companion is Sister Brown and she's pretty cool. I share a room with her and 4 other sisters. There are 3 sets of sister companions in my district and 3 sets of elders. Also I still have no idea what the difference is between a zone and a branch. Is there a difference?

I saw Emily Snow later on Wednesday and she's not in my district which is a bummer, but whatever. God knows best right?

The past couple of days my leg has been hurting quite a bit and I'm limping more. So I was thinking, "why is my leg hurting as much as it is?" and I was a little upset because when I was set apart President Daines said in my prayer that my leg wouldn't have any problems. So I was wondering, if it wasn't supposed to be giving me problems why was it hurting me as much as it was? So last night I read over the blessing that he gave to me and it said something like, "your leg would be healed." I thought about the for bit and realized that maybe my leg wasn't supposed to be perfectly fine right as I stepped into the MTC. Maybe there's meaning behind the words "be healed." I wasn't promised that my leg was already healed and there was nothing to worry about, but that my leg would "be healed" or BECOME healed. I realized I'll still have days where my leg is hurting, but that will only be a problem if I make it a problem. It shouldn't have to be a problem because I can trust that eventually it will become healed. 


 
So I don't have much to tell about other than that because I've only been here for a short amount of time, but I'm learning A LOT! It's crazy! 

Love you all!

-Sister Schouten


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.