Well this week doesn't have a lot of stuff to talk about because I was in Scranton (The Office city) most of the week. On Monday we had p-day it was fun we got together with all the missionaries in the zone and played football which was really fun. I actually caught a lot of passes. I wasn't my usual stone handy self. I was surprised. After that we went to a bible study in Susquehanna held by the Methodist church and we talked to the lady that runs it and she likes us but has a few problems with the church, Joseph Smith, and the BofM (Book of Mormon for future reference). She also told us that she doesn't believe in eternal marriage (or however you spell it) and she thinks we're polygamists and we told her no we're not and she said yes you are and we told her not anymore and that anyone with 2+ wives pretty much gets excommunicated. I thought up today next time we run into someone trying to tell us that we're polygamists I'm going to say (not really it'd be rude but) well your church sacrifices children and when they say nuh uh I'll say yes they do and then she'll say no they don't and then I'll say how do you know and she'll say because I'm part of them and they don't do it. Then I'll come blazing in with the punch line ( I was going to say kicker instead of punch line but I figured it wouldn't make much sense) and say "Exactly! We're Mormons and we're not polygamists. Well back to my week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and half of Friday I was in Scranton. My companion, Elder Roberts, was in Philly at a leadership training meeting because he is the district leader. So I was in Scranton. One of the Elders there has bed bugs so he sleeps on a recliner and I slept on the hard ground. That was horrible. Luckily I don't think I got bed bugs. Because I was in Scranton we weren't really able to follow up with our new investigators (that's what they're called dad, not referrals. Referrals are potential investigators that you get from someone else) we set up an appointment with the family with 7 kids and we're going back Wed. or Fri. night. Basically this week was dead because we there weren't any missionaries in Susq. (Susquehanna for future reference) for most of the week.
We did get a new senior missionary couple for up here in Susq. I'm so excited. There is so much work to be done up here. We could spend all day every day just visiting less actives and not teach at all. This area is so rural that we spend a lot of time driving. But now with the Senior couple (their name is the Johnsons, they're from sugar city Idaho.) they spend lots of their time with less actives but they haven't even been here a week so they haven't gotten into that yet. They're still moving in and all that good stuff.
Well I don't know if you have already or not but some music would be appreciated. We only have 4 CD's and we let some other elders borrow them and now we only have a Yo Yo Ma CD and a Vivaldi CD. Bleh. I'm dying. I hear other radio's in stores or at peoples houses and I hear normal music and I want to stay there all day and listen to it but I can't. That is one thing I miss a lot up here is music. Austin I give you the task of writing down good movies that come out while I'm gone and giving it to me at the end of the mish. If you don't I'll... well I don't know what I'll do but I'll think of something.
Oh the shoe problem. For clarification. Before the mish I got two pairs of shoes. Pair A and B. In the MTC pair B ripped and I still have pair A. Mr Mac. sent me a shoe from pair A and the other shoe from pair B.
The weather here is really nice. It's starting to get coldish. I've had to wear a sweater in the mornings once or twice but I end up taking it off in an hour or two. Oh speaking of sweaters. I have to wear my tag on that and the little clip that you stick on the needle tag. My needle tag is currently MIA and Jordan since you work there could you go there and pick me up one or two of those. Make sure the black snap thing that connects the plastic to the clip is black not clear, pearlish. Please. That would be much appreciated. I can order another tag if I can't find mine so you all don't need to worry about that. Back to the weather. I hope we get a really good hard frost here soon because there are tons of leaves and it's apparently famous for it's fall leaves but if we don't get a frost the leaves will just turn brown and fall off and it wont be as pretty.
Mom-I hope you can whip your teachers into shape and that that all goes well.
Dad- That stinks that you have to work a whole lot more but look at the bright side. With more time comes more money and it's overtime so you get time and a half I assume? For general conference I think we're going to the chapel in Montrose ( a city about 20-30ish minutes away from here. Good luck planning trek.
Austin- You haven't written me I'm ashamed. Wait what am I ashamed for? It's not me not writing you it's you not writing me. WRITE ME even if you don't have much to say. Have fun in life. Don't let people put you in a social group in high school. Put yourself in one. Don't be afraid to be a dork like me. I'm speaking from personal experience. If you care about what others think too much your high school wont be as fun. That's what I did. Don't do it. I don't know if you even need this advice but I figured I'd give it to you anyway. If you're thinking about trying out for some club or sport or anything, do it. So then you can say you did fun stuff in high school and it'll be a better experience.
Natasha- Thank you for writing me unlike somebody we know that I just previously wrote to. cough cough Austin cough cough. Excuse me I had something in my throat. Nope we haven't taught her to pay tithing yet. I know what a progress report is or at least I could've figured it out. I'm glad you're doing good in school. What is the point of playing ping pong if the ball isn't going to go anywhere. It kind of ruins the point of the game. It should then be called falsification because you aren't really playing ping pong( ask Ashley if you don't know what that word means, she knows.) Just kidding I know what you're talking about. I think my record on those things is like 200. Just kidding I'm HORRIBLE at those things my record is like 4 and that's being generous. What dudes are you drawing? Your pictures didn't show up. Well that's about it so............
Jordan-I need Matt's MTC address. I'm glad to hear you're not a big ball of stressness anymore, well at least as much as you were. You're always stressing about something. Send me something to replace the grandpa tie and you wont ever see me wear it again. Well you don't see me wearing anything so you'll never know. I could be running around naked and you wouldn't know it. Well actually you would because I'd get arrested and end up coming home from the mish early so ya anyway have fun in college. Be social it's TONS more fun if you talk to people. Trust me I've had two semesters. One was social and the other wasn't. The social one was a ton more fun. But don't neglect your grades but I don't even need to tell you that cause you'd die before you did that. What were my grades to end the semester at BYUI? Have fun in your calcuoolis class. (I don't know if that's from a movie or not but I decided to say it like that just for funzies)
Shaylee-You need to write me too. I hope you're having fun in Mrs. Kelly's class. Try not to kiss too many boys before I get back.
Well I love you all and I'll see you in 2 years.
Love,
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.