Tuesday, September 7

John's Weekly Letter for the week of 9/6/2010

Well this week doesn't have as many epic stories as last week but it was good. I'm glad to hear that my previous letter was rather humorous. Laughing is always good. Sorry I didn't write yesterday but the library was closed because it was labor day so we had to write today. Sorry if I've told you this already but do you remember the story of Judy Carvin? The lady that got baptized the first Sunday I was here? Oh you do? Good! (or if you don't read one of my previous letters it's in there somewhere) But anyway back to the story. I don't remember what I've said so I'll just say a bunch sorry if it's repeated. After she was baptized that night was horrible because her dad was being a jerk and then in the next day or two she had a seizure and fainted and ended up going to the hospital. She was there for a couple days and had to check herself out because her husband was super stressed with his work and his 5 hooligan kids (I mean hooligan, they're all under 7 and they destroy everything they touch) so after she checked herself out she had a follow up appointment and the doctor told her that they didn't need to do surgery because it would be too risky so they gave her some medicine and sent her on her way. That night she got in a really big fight with her dad so she had to move out fully into their new place (they'd been living in between. they didn't have electricity in their new place so they lived at her dads at nights) but after the fight she had to move out the next day and we helped them move (oh by the way I hate humidity it makes sweating TONS ((I wish I could double capitalize tons)) worse. I never thought that I'd sweat as much as Jordan, Austin and Mom but humidity does it maybe even worse) While we were helping her move she told us of a dream she had where a guy that looked really evil was in her dream and he wouldn't leave until she commanded him to leave in Christ's name.She had had that dream 7 nights in a row. I don't think that's coincidence. But anyway that's the cool story for the week. Besides the fact that Elder Roberts and I had an epic battle over an electric flyswatter. Long story short he had it and was trying to shock me but I was trying to get it away from him/not get shocked. It was epic! Probably one of the most epic battles of my life. (Well probably one of the only ones so it doesn't have much to compare to so take that for what it's worth) It was fun regardless.


OK so I have some questions. Did my branch president, Pres. Hansen, ask you what I liked for dinner or did you tell him my life story? The reason I ask is because when we went over there for dinner on Sunday they said that they heard that I was a big breakfast for dinner kind of guy. We had German pancakes, which by the way were super good, did you tell them that I liked German pancakes because it sounded like you did. I didn't even know you knew I liked German pancakes that much. I've only asked for them a few times and every time you said no they take too many eggs so I stopped asking.

Pres. Hansen is a really cool guy. On the way back from dinner, he drives us to his house because it's really far away and doesn't want to eat up our monthly miles, he told me some stuff about BYU. He first fed me partial information about BYU and that they were playing Washington and he wasn't sure who won and he kinda made it sound like BYU was losing or lost but he wasn't sure. That really got me going. He didnt' know that I was such a big BYU fan and then he told me that they won and a whole bunch of other things. He also BYU is going independent for football. Is this true? and that they were going to some other conference with Gonzaga in it? (I can't remember what it's called) Is all this true? Tell me what you think about it I need a confirmation, and this one I can't pray about. So basically I would like some info on this matter. I never thought I would miss BYU football games this much. I knew I'd miss them but not this much, whenever I think about them I have a burning urge to watch one which is why I'm done talking about BYU so I don't have to die.

Mom I doubt the house looked like a pig sty. I doubt it was even close. I wish I could take pictures of some of the houses here. They're gross. You would probably die when you saw how messy they are. Brian Stokes Mitchell is super good. I wish I had his voice. I hope your lesson went well. Here's my little sermon on the mount (aka computer chair in the library cause that's where I am) Make good choices and always follow Christ. So many peoples lives are a mess out here because of stupid choices they've made. Like smoking (you already know my feelings about that) and a ton of other things. Just follow Christ and the Spirit and your life will be tons better.

No mother I have not received my shoes yet but I will tell you as soon as I receive such a package. Oh could you guys send me some music. You could make CD's, you don't have to send me the originals obviously but we only have a few CD's in our truck and listening to the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and gets a little tiresome kind of like reading all those overs. If you could send me things like Josh Groban, Disney stuff that would be great. We can listen to pretty much whatever we want as long as it doesn't detract from the spirit. We don't have to listen to only Mo Tab.

I attached some pictures. I don't know if you'll get them but I sent them. The first is me and my trainer Elder Roberts. The second is the name of a road/hill. It's called Scouten hill. It's missing an H but it is probaly the closest thing I'm going to find in my life so I took a picture. Finaly the last three are pictures of a snapping turtle we found in the middle of the road so we picked it up. Well that's pretty much it. I love you all. Don't do stupid things and I'll see you in two years.



Love,

Elder Schouten




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.