Well sorry my letter didn't get through. I came to the library today and it said that it some problem sending it right away and that it would automatically try sending it over and over and apparently it didn't work until wednesday so ya that's the deal with that.
So I like it up here in Upper Darby. It is TONS different here than up in Susquehanna. There are tons of people here and doing missionary work is completely different. We live in an apartment complex and it is a rather nice apartment, missionary wise. I like my Elder Morgan. He is a really nice guy. He's really obedient which is really good. We are the only elders in the apartment.
Answers to questions.
I did get the card from grandma and grandpa but we were super busy right then and I completely forgot about it so thank you for reminding me. Sorry I didn't get back sooner.
I'm not sure of my mailing address right now. I forgot to ask so if Elder Morgan finishes before me I'll ask him but if not I'll for sure tell you next week.
No I haven't gotten my package but apparently I have something because Elder Roberts, my first comp. who's now the financial secretary elder called me last monday or tuesday and said that I had a package that he forgot to give me and he said that he'd give it to the assistants to give to me on Sunday, we go to the same building just different times, but I didn't see them there so I didn't get it. We have a zone conference on friday so I should get it by then.
No reading church news isn't against the rules. Well I'm pretty sure it's not because we had a bunch of old ones in the Susquehanna apartment.
The weather here is cold but not as bad as Susquehanna but we had a car there and here we walk everywhere or take the bus or train so we're outside a lot more. -16 with windchill? Ick that sounds nasty. The weather was cold until yesterday. Yesterday it was mid 30's and today it's supposed to be 40-45ish. I hope so.
Dad- no printing them off wouldn't work because I have to get on the computer to print them off and once you log off your time is done.
Now for what happened last week. First off we don't have very many investigators. We have about 4 that we see regularly but 2 of them aren't super interested so... ya. This place is different from susq. because the fact that people are actually home and don't hate you if you knock on their door after dark. It's interesting.
Monday-nothing special
Tuesday-we tracted all morning. From 10 until 2. It was a long morning and we didn't really have much success. Later that night we went to try to see people but not really anyone was home.
Wednesday- Another morning of tracting with no success. After break we had dinner with a member and went on exchanges with some members. I went and saw a recent convert named Billy. He is a really cool guy. He's a recent convert that just moved here from northern pennsylvania and is originally from India so he has an accent and is a little difficult to understand. That was an okay lesson. Since I had to do most of the teaching I found out how good my teaching skills are, they need work. The lesson, as I said, was okay but it difintely let me see what I need to work on.
Thursday- After weekly planning and district meeting we had dinner and tried to see some people but somehting really cool happened. We called an investigator that Elder Morgan saw wednesday night. Her name is suzzane and long story short she gave up here daughter for adoption and now her daughter is a member and they found each other and her daughter has taught her a lot about the church and now we teach her. She is a really good investigator. So we called her to see how she was doing but she was busy so then later she called us back and told us how she was doing. So basically told us that some other missionaries had told her to read in a certain place in the BoM but she felt that she should start in the beginning so she did and she was reading in 2Nephi and she was asking questions about Lehi and his lineage and a prophecy about joseph smith. she also told us all these experiences about how she felt the spirit like she smokes and has wanted to quit but she hasn't had the right reasons and after the lesson on wed. she felt that she should so she could please God. It was an awesome story. I only have a few minutes left or I would tell the rest of it. The only things of note for the rest of the week is that on saturday afternoon we found one new investigator and another potential investgator, she was only potential because we didn't get a specific return appointment but she said to come back next week at the same timeish. Well I have 6 minutes and I still have to write the mission pres. so I'll sign off.
Below is my mailing address.
7200 Merion terace apt. A-213
Upper Darby PA 19081 (you might want to check the zip code E. Morgan didn't sound too sure.)
I love you all and I'll see ya soon.
Love,
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.