Thursday, June 16

Jordan: 6/16/2011

Well, to start out, I probably won't be able to answer all your questions because i forgot all the letters in my room and my comp won't go back with me even though it’s only a two minute walk.  he is kind of made at me today, and i don't even really know why.  last night, i was really upset with him because he wouldn't go to bed on time. he stayed up past 11:30 doing something. he turned our desk lamp on which is so bright we might of well had the regular light on. so i was mad cuz i couldn't sleep, and then he got mad at me for not telling him to turn the light off.  I don't really understand why he thinks it's my fault that he's staying up later than he should, but oh well. Hopefully I don't punch him anytime soon.  He is always complaining about how hard everything is and how Spanish won't come, but everyone has been telling him the whole time that obedience equals success. But for some reason he can't seem to obey the easiest rule that there is.  Oh well, maybe he'll get it sometime soon.
Me and my comp were getting along pretty well until last night, and he seemed pretty set on staying, but now, he doesn't want to talk to me and I kind of don't want to talk to him either.  I want to ask him about what he's mad about, but I feel like right now, I'm too mad to talk to him because I feel like i might lose my temper with him if we try to talk about it right now.  But we'll figure it out.
Well, this week was pretty much the exact same as the last one.   We just go to class and teach our "investigators."  John-- you asked if we taught real investigators.  WE don't... It's our teachers pretending to be investigators.  My teacher is actually pretending to be himself though, because he's a convert.  But that who we teach. 
The Air conditioning in our building broke for two days. That was a party.  It was so hot. I couldn't concentrate at all because the heat was so bad. but luckily it got fixed so that's good.  I saw Alan Tanner yesterday in the cafeteria.  We talked for a couple of minutes.  That was really cool to see him. 
Also, If you could find a copy of the talk called "Sherrie's Shield of Faith" in the ensign by Michael R. Morris that would be great.  I read a conference talk this morning that quotes it and it sounds like a really good talk. It's in the June 1995 ensign.  If you could send it so I can read it that would be awesome.
We got a new district in our zone this week and there were two kids from Viewmont in it.  I'm not super good friends with them, but it's cool to have someone from back home to talk to every once in a while.  Their names are Jacob Bruderer and
Austin Anderson.  I doubt any of you know them, but it's still cool to see them.  John and Matt probably know them actually.
Also, you sent me Matt's letter through DearElder, but I only got half of it.  So if you could send it again so i can read the whole thing that would be awesome.
The Spanish is starting to come a little better, but I still feel like I'm not progressing like I should.  Obviously I'm not working hard enough at Spanish, so I'll have to do my best to work harder so I can teach my investigators now and the people of Paraguay when that time comes. 
Dad- wow, all you ever do any more is make slideshows and build sets for plays. Have fun. Also happy Father's day on Sunday. I love you and am grateful for all the support you give me.
Mom- it sounds like you had fun in Iowa and the wedding was good.  Thanks for telling me who won the nba playoffs. 
Natasha- I’m glad you had fun at the rec center ice skating. I wish i could go ice skating or something like that.  Doing the same thing every day gets a little boring. i also liked your penguin joke.  It was really funny.
Shaylee- what card tricks did you learn? I bet they are really cool tricks!
John- congrats on Wes's baptism. I bet that was an awesome experience.  I saw your blue watch in the pictures attached to your email.  I don't know if you sent me the email or mom and dad did, but i got the email and saw the pictures. 
Austin- are you alive?
Well I know that this church is true.  If I didn't know it was true, I wouldn't be here still.  I know Joseph Smith did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and he restored their Gospel. I know that the book of Mormon is true, and that it is the best way for us to come unto Christ.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true living prophet today. I know that the Savior atoned for all of our sins and through His Atonement we all the opportunity to live together forever in our families. Thank you for all your love and prayers. I really need them so thank you.
Love, Elder Jordan Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.