Well this week has been an interesting one. Last night we tried to teach the plan of salvation to our investigator, in spanish. It didn't go well at all. I felt like I couldn't think of any answers to the questions that he was asking. I was pretty upset after the lesson was over. Hopefully when we talk to him again about it, he will be more responsive and we'll be able to teach something worthwhile. Other than that this week has been pretty regular. Not much changes when you're in the MTC. It's pretty much the same thing every day. Studying, going to class, trying to learn spanish, and eating, over and over again. The spanish is still really slow coming. i'm getting decent at understanding my teachers, but I still can't communicate at all, no matter how hard i try. Hopefully I will continue to get better and be able to eventually say some of the things that I want to say.
I did get to see Kyle a couple of times. I saw him for a couple of minutes on my first sunday during dinner, and then I saw him last sunday before the devotional started. We talked for a couple of minutes, and he said that he was really excited to leave for portugal and he seemed to not be stressed at all. It was fun to see him. He took a picture on his camera so maybe you can get it from his parents if he sends it to them. At our devotional, Elder Kakuchi of the Seventy spoke (the same guy that spoke at our stake conference when Pres. Felt got made stake pres.) He gave a really really good talk about how to prepare yourself each day to serve the Lord. It was really interesting and very funny, but I also learned a lot from his talk.
Funny story... So I've been trying to figure out how to turn the flash on for my camera, but every time i try to turn it on, it says "activate sound by pressing this button" so I tried turning on the sound and the flash worked. Apparnently the flash won't work unless the sound is on, which is super annoying.... Oh well.
Another cool story... Devin Machina's (from the BYU football team) younger brother is in my zone. He is a really good guy and a lot of fun to talk to. He says he doesn't play football, but he's pretty good at basketball, and I really like him a lot. I figured all you football fans would like to know that.
Dad- I'm glad both of your slideshows went well. I bet you feel pretty relieved to have that off your back. I'm glad you got that hole in the wall fixed, because it was definately getting bigger and bigger.
Mom- is there any way that you get buy me one of those cloths that people use to clean their glasses with? You can't really clean your glasses with your shirt when your shirt is tucked in all day long. I don't need earplugs anymore. I didn't sleep the first couple of nights but i'm used to the snoring by now. Have fun in Iowa at tyler's wedding. Be safe on your drive.
John- I figured the whole "Anti" thing you mentioned in your last letter was exactely what it was, but I just wanted to make sure. sounds like your having a lot of success in your area. Keep doing your best and the Lord will bless you. Also, you said something in one of your letters a long time ago about me getting you one of those clips for your missionary tag, but I didn't know what you were talking about. Do you still want one? Let me know and i'll send you one if you want.
Austin- What's happening in the NBA finals? You don't hear any outside world news here and i'd like to know who is winning/ who won.
Natasha- Have fun running the mile. Running is good for you, even if it is boring. Are you going to run a mile every day, or just once? Have fun watching movies in the park and good luck in Jr. High next year. Don't be scared and just try to have fun. Don't let anyone convince you that Jr high isn't fun or that its hard.
Shaylee- are you alive still? I haven't heard from you? Have fun playing this summer.
Well, my time is almost up, but remember that the church is true. I know Jesus Christ suffered for our sins and Joseph smith restored the Gospel to the earth in the latter days. I know families are eternal and that we can all live together forever someday. I know the book of mormon is the word of God. Thank you for all your love and support and prayers.
Love, Elder Jordan Schouten
I did get to see Kyle a couple of times. I saw him for a couple of minutes on my first sunday during dinner, and then I saw him last sunday before the devotional started. We talked for a couple of minutes, and he said that he was really excited to leave for portugal and he seemed to not be stressed at all. It was fun to see him. He took a picture on his camera so maybe you can get it from his parents if he sends it to them. At our devotional, Elder Kakuchi of the Seventy spoke (the same guy that spoke at our stake conference when Pres. Felt got made stake pres.) He gave a really really good talk about how to prepare yourself each day to serve the Lord. It was really interesting and very funny, but I also learned a lot from his talk.
Funny story... So I've been trying to figure out how to turn the flash on for my camera, but every time i try to turn it on, it says "activate sound by pressing this button" so I tried turning on the sound and the flash worked. Apparnently the flash won't work unless the sound is on, which is super annoying.... Oh well.
Another cool story... Devin Machina's (from the BYU football team) younger brother is in my zone. He is a really good guy and a lot of fun to talk to. He says he doesn't play football, but he's pretty good at basketball, and I really like him a lot. I figured all you football fans would like to know that.
Dad- I'm glad both of your slideshows went well. I bet you feel pretty relieved to have that off your back. I'm glad you got that hole in the wall fixed, because it was definately getting bigger and bigger.
Mom- is there any way that you get buy me one of those cloths that people use to clean their glasses with? You can't really clean your glasses with your shirt when your shirt is tucked in all day long. I don't need earplugs anymore. I didn't sleep the first couple of nights but i'm used to the snoring by now. Have fun in Iowa at tyler's wedding. Be safe on your drive.
John- I figured the whole "Anti" thing you mentioned in your last letter was exactely what it was, but I just wanted to make sure. sounds like your having a lot of success in your area. Keep doing your best and the Lord will bless you. Also, you said something in one of your letters a long time ago about me getting you one of those clips for your missionary tag, but I didn't know what you were talking about. Do you still want one? Let me know and i'll send you one if you want.
Austin- What's happening in the NBA finals? You don't hear any outside world news here and i'd like to know who is winning/ who won.
Natasha- Have fun running the mile. Running is good for you, even if it is boring. Are you going to run a mile every day, or just once? Have fun watching movies in the park and good luck in Jr. High next year. Don't be scared and just try to have fun. Don't let anyone convince you that Jr high isn't fun or that its hard.
Shaylee- are you alive still? I haven't heard from you? Have fun playing this summer.
Well, my time is almost up, but remember that the church is true. I know Jesus Christ suffered for our sins and Joseph smith restored the Gospel to the earth in the latter days. I know families are eternal and that we can all live together forever someday. I know the book of mormon is the word of God. Thank you for all your love and support and prayers.
Love, Elder Jordan Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.