Monday, August 29

FW: my letter 8/29/11

Hola!!!!


Well this week has been a really good one. My feet pain hasn't been too bad, and it's more normal foot pain that i've had before. the other pain was on the top of my foot and it was weird, i'd never had pain like it before. but this week, for the most part, has just been normal, bottom of the foot pain. I've been able to work like i've wanted to, and not have too much pain.

 

This week was also super good because we had a zone conference with Pres. Arnorld of the seventy. He's the area president for argentina, paraguay, and uraguay. the conf. was 6 or 7 hours long. We talked a lot about the importance of planning. Planning is super important, and i already knew that before the conference, but I learned that planning should be a spirtual experience too. Anyone that's been a missionary with PMG (i don't know how missionary work was before PMG) knows that Weekly Planning is probably the longest 3 hours of the entire week. We try to plan all our lessons with our invest. for the whole week and how we're going to help them. 3 hours of planning is a SUPER long time, but i learned that it can be an amazing time to recieve revelation for your invest. We also talked a little bit about the Atonement, and the law of Consecration. We talked about how our only desire, as members of the church, not only for missionaries, it to have our heart and the Lord's heart be one. our goal should be to not only act like the Savior, but to think and feel the same way he would feel. It was a really interesting way to think about our goal as members of the church. I realized that I have a long way to go to align my heart with the Lord's heart, but I'm trying my best.

 

Well, the work here in my area is finally starting to pick up. this last week was by far our best week here. we had 12 lessons with members and 9 others, which is about 4 to 6 lessons more in both categories than we've had before. We also found 15 new invest. last week, which is more than my other 3 weeks combined. Our main focus right now is Bernardino. If everything goes right, he'll get baptized this Saturday. It was really hard to find him last week. We only taught him twice, and both lessons were just read one or two verses in the BoM because he has too busy to talk with us because his mortorcycle was broken. But hopefully everything will go well and he'll get baptized this week.

 


We also found this new family, The Acousta Family. they've been married for 2 or 3 years and they have one little girl. The husband, Wilson, is golden, but he has difficulties understanding. His wife understands better, but she's not as interested. We're going to teach them tonight and hopefully they'll accept the baptism invitation.

 


Also, i haven't gotten either of the packages, and i don't know anything about them. Also, last week I asked you to send me the Book of Mormon Ensign to me in english when it comes out, but i found out the mission sends us the ensign in english and spanish, so I don't need you to send me the Ensigns. Also, did you ever finish my mormon.org profile. It needs a picture. I sent you the password and username before, but if you didn't and don't remember, it's not a big deal.

 


Also, for matt and kyle's letters, could you send me one or two paragrahps paraphrasing what they say. I don't have time to read their letters. Any big news from them and if they say anything specific to me.

 


Mom- I'd feel sorry for your heat problems, but it's hotter here in paraguay and we have humidity, and NO ONE has air conditioning. There is no escape from the heat here. the only escape is in our bedroom at night. we have one of those window air conditioning things that you and dad have in your room, so we can sleep, because it'd be impossible to sleep without it. Also, it's amazing what we can lean in real scripture study. not just reading. I've learned more in my 3 months (oh yeah, i have been in paraguay for one month now) as a missionary than in most of my life. real scripture study is amazing and really defines who we are as members of the church.

 


Dad- I'm glad you can run again, although I don't know why you'd want to run. Also, good luck in your calling. You'll have an amazing time and you have super good advisors. in our branch here, we have two active melchidick priesthood holders. You're luckly to live where we live
John- Dristrict Leader!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry. My comp is distrisct leader and it stinks. He's always on the phone with the other missionaries. But you'll be amazing and the Lord will bless you more for you service. The Lord called you to be district leader, not your mission president. Remember that.
Austin- have fun mowing lawns and in high school. it really is the life. So easy....

 


Natasha- late to class!!!!! Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. have fun in jr. high. I never had any of the teachers that you like. Work hard, learn lots.

 


Shaylee- I hope your mouth doesn't hurt.

 


Well, this gospel is true. the gift of tongues is real. I understand about 70-80 % now, and can pretty much say anything. The Lord really has blessed me so much. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Without him, we'd all be lossed. the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, and we all have to have a testimony of this book. Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet today. Read the 1st pres. message in the sept. ensign. don't let the story in it happen to you. I've been reading the Conf. Issue ensign everyday. We have a living prophet. We have to know what he says. But most importantly, we have a loving Brother that died for all of us. Without Jesus Christ, we'd all be lost. Only through His Atonement can we find joy and peace in this life. He suffered for us, and we can live with him again.
See you soon,
Love, Elder Jordan Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.