Monday, September 5

Jordan: 9/6/2011 - BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as you can tell from the subject of my letter, I had my first baptism this saturday. It was so amazing. The man´s name is Bernardino Brizula. I don´t know if i´ve said anything about him so i´ll give a little background. his wife is a member and he wasn´t. the missionaries have been teaching him for about 4 months before i got here with no success at all. I met him my second day and thought that for sure there was no way we would be able to baptize him. but something changed after about two weeks and the Lord softned his heart and he became super open to the teachings and he really started to like what we teach. He was progressing really well, but about 3 days before his baptism, he started to have a ton of doubts about what his family would say because his partents are super catholic. the last three days before his baptism, we just talked with him trying to resolve his doubts. It was super crazy saturday, because we had his baptism, and we had to try to invite everyone in the ward to the baptism, because we didn´t know if there would be a baptism. He had his interview friday night, and he barely passed. It was 1.5 hours long because he had so many doubts about his family. but he passed and so we had saturday from about 1pm until 5 30 to invite the whole ward to the baptism and to prepare the entire baptisimal service. It was super crazy but it was definately worth it. He got confirmed yesterday in sacrament meeting. It was an awesome day at chruch. we had more people there than ever before, and there was an amazing spirit. the branch president finally decided to call a branch mission leader and he also organized all of the aaronic priesthood quorums. theres a lot of aaronic prieshood holders in my branch, but they weren´t in quorums until yesterday. It really changed the spirit of the branch. It was by far the best day of my mission.



Also, friday, i went on spilts with the zone leaders, because of the interview for bernardino. the zone leaders have to interview our baptisimal canidates, cuz my comp is district leader and our zone leaders live super far away, so we had to go on splits to do the enterview. I taught this girl with the zone leaders and her boyfriend was there. He served his mission in uraguay two years ago. when he met me, he asked my how long i had been serving, and i said one month in paraguay. He said that i was at the point where most of his comps were at in 9 months with spanish, so i guess that answers the questions about how can i speak. I pretty much can say anything, and understanding is about 80 percent with most people Old people are really hard to understand, but for the most part, i´m doing alright with spanish.


Mom sounds like your life is super crazy. I´m glad byu pulled out the win, even if it was ugly. i still haven´t heard anything about my packages, but i have about 200 i bprofun left, so i´m alright for a while.


dad i hope everything is going well with work and with your running


john how goes being district leader how was doing numbers last night. I´m sure it was a blast. i´m sure you´re an amazing district leader and just pray to the lord to help you. and read the responsibilites of the district leader in the missionary handbook


austin viewmont isn´t hot. come to paraguay. then you´ll understand hot. you life sounds like so much fun. i would love to go to high school and mow lawns. its so much fun. enjoy it while you can.


tasha how goes your first week of jr. high. I hope you like it.


shaylee are you alive. I hope you mouth gets better soon.


well, gotta run. the church is true. I love this gospel. Jospeh smith was a prophet. Jesus Christ is our savior. He loves us more than we understand. He is always there to help us, if we just open the door. He atoned for our sins and wants to help us. We have a living prophet today and we have to listen to his words and know what he says. I read his talk about the temples today in the morning. you all should read it and everyone that´s over 12 should go to the temple as soon as possible. The blessings of the temple are amazing. we really can become eternal families. I know that to be true.


I love you all


see you soon,


Elder Jordan Schouten


p.s i´ll try to send pictures of the baptism, but we had to write letters in a different place and the computer is pretty ghetto, so maybe not this week










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.