Jordan- I don't know what happened for you this last week because I'm writing before you again and I wrote after you last week so I've already responded to the last email that I have gotten. So I guess I'll just have to wait until next week to respond to your letter. But I'll ask a few questions anyway. How is your teaching pool? Have you found anyone new and/or promising? I sure hope so. How are your feet? Are they going to fall off or break in two? Just wondering. I hope they don't. That would be a bummer. How is the weather clear down south? Also I have a few random questions, well really just one for now. I've heard it said that the water, when it drains, it goes down the opposite way. Is that true? I'm not sure which way the water goes down here in the northern hemisphere but have you noticed anything different? Also are there any other cool different things about being in Paraguay that they don't have in America? Have a good week and be obedient and God will bless you SO much.
Well this week we had a baptism!!!!! Hooray!!! His name is Tim Robinson. I'll send a few pictures. (Oh by the way, Jordan, the other guy in white is the guy that wrote you a letter. His name is Brother Wells. He's a funny guy.) The baptism went really well. There weren't any problems. The only problem was Tim's left hand didn't go under the first time so they had to try again but it worked on the second time. So it was really great.
This week has been a good one. Yesterday, Sunday, especially. So long story short there is a less active guy named David Vinjamoorie who lives a long long ways away in a town named Milton. We had an appointment with him last night at 7 and we weren't really able to find someone to go with us because we couldn't make it because we didn't have enough miles (for our car). We also had two other appointments along with that. God's hand was really in that day. We got home from church and we were thinking that we would have to just call him and reschedule and then a member called us and said that he needed our help giving the sacrament to one of his home teaching families and he had heard us at the church, after church, ask the bishop if he could go out with us but he couldn't. So the member called us and asked us when our appointments were that we needed help with and we said we needed help for the 7 o'clock appointment. He said that if we could go help him with the sacrament that he could go out with us. We agreed and we went to do sacrament. After the sacrament we had an appointment at 4:30 that we had to go to and we thought the sacrament would take less time so that we would be able to go there by ourselves. So after the sacrament the member found out that we had a 430 appointment and then felt bad because we were going to be late. So he offered to take us there because we weren't planning on staying long at the appointment anyway. So we get to where the address should be and it wasn't there. The address was house # 4052. There was a 4022, a 4040 and a 4072. The house wasn't there and having the member there we didn't have to go all the way out there and waste our miles just to find out that the house didn't exist. So then the member dropped us off at our next apointment and went home. We had also set a goal of finding one new investigator yesterday and we weren't sure how we were going to get it because we had appointments all day. So the member dropped us off and we still had some time and the appointment ended up not being there and we were walking down the road and we saw these 3 people standing around across the street talking and I thought that we should talk to them. We kept walking toward them a little bit and then one of them turned to us and said something. So we went over and talked to them. Long story short one of them ended up turning into a new investigator. It was a great experience. We didn't have much time to find but we had set a goal to find a new investigator so we could reach a goal we had previously set and prayed for God to help us find that person and He did. So then after that the member picked us up and we went to see brother Vinjamoorie (said just like it sounds vin-ja-moor-ee). This is another long story that I will abbreviate. He ended up in Delaware because of some health problems and we one day, previous to yesterday, decided to stop by but he wasn't home so we left a card. He called us back and we set up an appointment. So we went yesterday and he talked about how he hadn't been feeling so hot in his heart and then here we come along. If it weren't for his health problem, he has kidney stones, he wouldn't have been in Delaware. So we were able to go and see him and help him out. Last night we committed him to read the Book of Mormon. He said he would.
It was a great night last night. God's hand was very obviously in the work yesterday. I'm so blessed to be a missionary.
Other investigator news:
Renee- She finally came to church. She missed sacrament meeting but she came to the last two hours. It's been a long time in the making for her to come to church and she came. Hooray. We have an appointment with her tonight.
Rosalie and Clarence- There still doing well. They still have yet to decide what they want to do to live the law of Chastity. I know the gospel can bless them and that the Law of Chastity is a law of God and that they will be blessed for following it.
Janice- I don't know if I've talked about her much. We had a really good lesson with her about coming to church. She has kind of just sat back and observed. She's been reading the Book of Mormon but she doesn't want to pray in front of us or read and she doesn't want to come to church. We had a really good lesson and the spirit was really there. We called her Sunday morning and she said she was debating coming to church which is a lot more than she's ever done before which is progress.
I might not have very much time left. A couple people just walked in the library and made computer reservations so I might not get a time extension like times previous so I should probably wrap up.
Mom- Being a district leader is coming along fine. I had my first district meeting last Thursday. It was on the how to begin teaching points in preach my gospel. (pg 176 if you're wondering) Being a district leader isn't too hard. Yes I have to make a lot more calls at night which is time consuming but it's part of the job description.
Dad- I didn't get your letter from last week. Mom said that you said there were things that we would've commented on if we had seen it? If it's not too late I can always still read it.
Austin- How is reading PMG going? How are the dates going? How is school going? How is lawn mowing going? How is driving going? How is church going? How are your friends going? How is your reading ability going? Can you tell my last 3 questions I was just trying to ask a question that ended with going, going? hehehe.
Natasha- It sounds like you had a really fun week. I'm glad you liked it. How is school? Are you failing any classes? I sure hope not. If you are I probably wont get another letter from you next week. (because mom and dad would skin you alive so you wouldn't be able to write any letters.) I never failed any classes but there were some classes that at mid terms I wasn't doing too well in and, lets just say that mom and dad weren't happy campers. So do good in school and have fun in Jr. High. You'll never be able to go back, unless you get held back which would be bad, so enjoy your time. Have fun and be yourself. Don't be afraid of what other people are thinking because it doesn't really matter.
Shaylee- How is your mouth? Is it broken? Have the braces ripped it in two yet? How do you like school? How is dance?
I love you all and hope you have a good week. Thank you for all the prayers. They are really appreciated.
God loves us and he blesses us when we are obedient. God has blessed me so much lately. There are a lot of things happening here in Harrington. Hopefully we can keep the work going and God will continue to bless us. God send His son Jesus Christ to die for us and to pay the price for our sins. I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful that we can fix the dumb things that we do. I make mistakes every day and I'm thankful that I can repent and have God forget about them. It is a great blessing that we have to choose to take part in. The Church of Jesus Christ is true. It was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith and is led by a prophet, Thomas S. Monson, today. The Book of Mormon is true and was written for us in our day. It is such a valuable tool if we just use it and study from it.
I'm thankful for everything I have, or at least I try to be. God has blessed us all soo much the least we can do is thank Him.
Love,
Elder John Schouten


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.