Happy Birthday Austin! You are now 17. Congratulations. I'm glad you turned 17 before you turned 18. (I don't know what that statement is supposed to mean. I just figured I'd write it. So take it for what it's worth. That might be nothing but whatever.) Also I'm not going to top Jordan with the amount of exclamation points that I put on here. That would take a lot of time.
Jordan- I'm glad you're over your diarrhea. I'm sure that stunk pretty bad. (Literally. hehehe I'm bad.) The piece of advice that I would give you for finding new investigators is this. It doesn't matter what new method you try and you don't need some new crazy idea but when God sees that we're giving 100% and doing our all then he will bless us with new investigators. When we work hard God blesses us. I'm glad you're doing well. Keep up the good work and work hard.
Also before I forget there is a guy in the ward here in Souderton named brother Ogden. I'm not sure of his first name but he says he know Christine? He said that he knew some Schouten's. He said that they were in the MTC together and wrote back and forth on their missions? I don't know but ya he's here in my ward.
This week was a good one. This week was so much better than our previous weeks. We had 19 total lessons, an improvement of 5 lessons from last week and 9 from the week before that. It's crazy how much the Lord will bless you when you work your hardest.
We found out that Alanna's, the 8 yr old, baptism will have to be pushed back to the 27th of November. There is some sort of activity happening in the building after church on the 20th so the baptism will have to be pushed back a week. But other than that she's all set. She been taught everything. She just needs her bapt. interview.
Jim Rielly is doing well. He is still having trouble smoking but we're focusing on really helping him gain a testimony of the gospel so he has even more motivation to quit smoking. Other than that he's doing fine as far as we know.
Steve Colter. He threw out his back really bad the other day. We went and saw him last night (Sunday) and he could hardly move. We gave him a blessing. He's an awesome guy and he definitely feels a difference when we come over. I really like him a lot.
Mom- I'll probably just wait until I get home to fix my retainer. If I start to see my teeth going crazy then I'll tell you but I figure I'll be home in almost 8 months (crazy how fast time flies) anyway so I'll just deal with it then. I haven't gotten the newsletter yet but I'll watch for it. Elder Morgan isn't slacking off. He's doing really well. He's trying really hard to not get trunky so it's not too much of a problem.
Dad- That construction sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you're able to finish it soon without anyone breaking their backs to do it.
Austin- Happy Birthday! Have fun and love life. There is a lot to be loved in life.
Natasha- Lazy is bad. You shouldn't be lazy. I'm glad you had a good week. Work hard and be good. (I want to see a picture of Jordan and my room that you changed. :)
Shaylee- I also want to see a picture of your room. Have fun in school and make sure you listen to Mom and Dad. They know what they're talking about.
Well I love you all. The church is true. God lives and loves us. He blesses us so much when we do what he asks. I'm so grateful for everything that I've been given. Jesus Christ truly did die for us and paid for our sins so that we could return to live with God if we are righteous. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. If you don't know that pray about it and find it out. God will answer your prayers.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.