Monday, November 25

Austin: 11/25/2013 - Holy crap I`ve been the field for 11 weeks.

Hello, Hello, Hello!

 

This week was crazy! So, as I said last week. Elder Giacaboni isn`t the most coordinated guy and he ran into a goalpost and gave himself a concussion. He couldn`t really work very well. Monday and tuesday, we didn`t really work at all. Elder Giacoboni couldn`t and Tuesday we had a multizone training until 5! It was pretty great. I`m really glad I`m only going to have one mission president.All the older missionaries compare Pres. Erickson with Pres. Blunk all the time. And they`re all having trouble ajusting. They all love Pres. Erickson, but he`s different from Pres. Blunk. I`m glad I`m only going to have Pres. Erickson. And I love that man. He`s awesome and really cares about each of his missionaries individually. 

 

So Wednesday, my week got interesting. Our zone leaders` area is TINY! Like, physically, smaller than the Centerville 20th ward. They have two sets of missionaries in their ward, so small area. They don`t have a ton of time to work because of all their meetings and stuff as zone leaders, oh, and their area is totally flat. Amancaes (my area) is pretty big, and ALL hills and stairs. The doctors told E` Giacoboni that he couldn`t work in the sun, and never could do stairs. So Wednesday - Saturday, he went and worked for a bit in the zone leaders area, and I worked with my ZL`s, E` Huambo one day, then E` Gneiting, then Huambo, then Gneiting again. That was interesting. It was nice to learn from them, though it was super hard because I had to lead the area. I was incharge the whole time. I couldn`t ask for any sort of advice because they don`t know my area. But it was a good learning experience for me! That`s how it will be next week at the change when Elder Giacoboni leaves. I`ll get a new comp, and have to be incharge as the junior companion for a bit. It was really hard, but it was so good for me!

 

The thing that I learned most, in my opinion, is how to accept failure. By the numbers, this was by far the worst week Amancaes has had in 2 changes. But I couldn`t get down on myself. I knew that if I did, it would go even worse. I just kept working, and tried to accept the Lord`s will for me. If I go to 45 appointments one day, actually appointments, and they all fall through, I can`t blame myself. I have to accept it. There`s something that I need to learn, and I need to change in this. 

 

We had a fun surprise in the training Tuesday. At the end, Pres. Erickson announced that we were going to have a conference with Elder Nelson of the 12 on Saturday! He was in peru, and he spoke to the youth in our area, but we couldn`t go, it was for the youth. And just barely outside of the mission. They were supposed to go to Venuzela Saturday, but apparently there are problems in the country, so they couldn`t go. So, they asked Elder Uceda (the area president) where they could go. And E` Uceda said La Mision PerĂ¹ Lima Norte! (He was mission president of our mission a long time ago). So, we had a conference with Elder Nelson, Sister Nelson, Elder Rasband  (Presidency of the 70) , Elder and sister Uceda, and Pres. and Hma. Erickson. It was incredible!!! Honestly, I can`t decide if I liked Elder Nelson`s talk or Sister Nelson`s talk better. Elder Nelson`s was incredible, but Sis. Nelson`s was more what I needed at the moment. She talked about how the scriptures are answer books. She gave us the challenge to read with a question and search for the answer. I`ve done the challenge before, I know it works, but I decided to do it again. Well, in two days, I`ve had two questions answered, in the same chapter of the BoM. 

 

Elder Nelson. Wow. He has so much knowledge! He broke down the greek meaning of the word "repent" and the latin meaning of "conversion". It was awesome. I`d write it, but I don`t have my notes. Remind me to show you after the mission. Awesome. Look it up. 

 

Another fun surprise the the conference. On Tuesday in the training, Pres. Erickson came to me and Elder Giacoboni and asked us to sing in a group for it! So, I got to sing in front of an apostle!! We sang Joseph Smith`s first prayer (in spanish). After we finished, Elder Nelson just said "THANK YOU!!" He`s such a happy guy, despite all his work.

 

Mom - as for your questions. I got a package. Was there more than one? Cuz I`ve gotten one. And I`ll look for the christmas thing. THANK YOU FOR THE EYE DROPS! I need them. Oh, I`m going to the temple this week (I`m soooooooo excited), so I`m probably gonna buy some stuff there. Wanna check my card? Because I tried to use and ATM a couple days ago, and it didn`t work. I tried like three different ATMs. I don`t know what was up, but then I tried again the next day and it worked. So who knows. Oh, and for thanksgiving, I had no idea. A sister in my zone told me the next day. I had no idea. I hope it was great!

 

Dad - Snow? What kind of a world is Utah? I was sweating this week.

 

John - it`s crazy how the lord works through us. your last little line helped me out a lot. Thanks

 

Jordan. - see john. Minus the last little line part. Just all of it.

 

Tashita - I love your jokes a lot

 

Shaylee - You`re already watching christmas stuff? Haha. I`ve been listening to christmas music for over a month. haha.

 

I know this church is true. The Lord is there to guide us and strengthen us.

 

Love, Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.