Tuesday, December 3

Austin 12/2/2013: Wow. Two transfers in the field. Wow.

Hola Fam!

I can`t believe I`ve been in the field for 3 months already and 4 months in my mission! It`s crazy! I still feel so new! I can`t see my progress at all, but I know it`s there. I`m doing my best, so I can be proud of myself. 

So this week was interesting. I had P Day on Thursday! On Monday, we wrote, and then went back to work! We didn`t get to have P day on Monday, because we got to go to the temple on Thursday! I LOVE THE TEMPLE SO MUCH!!! Wow. I don`t know how I lived 18 years of my life without going through the temple! After just 3 months without it, I was losing it. It was so incredible for me! After the session, I sat in the the sealing room for awhile. While I sat, I was just filled with the spirit. Literally, if the veil had been taken from my eyes in that moment, I couldn`t have a strong testimony. As I sat there, I realized that I KNOW, without the slightest doubt, that in the temple, we make sacred, eternal covenants to live with our families forever. I could feel my family with me, my eternal family that I`ve never even met. I was alone in the room physically, but the spirit of the Lord was with me. I was surrounded in the empty room. I realized that, without the temple, my work as a misisonary isn`t enough. Baptism isn`t enough. Baptism is essential, but it`s not enough. Without the temple sealing, we can`t reach the highest degree of glory. Only in the temple can we truly reach our full potential. I made a commitment in that moment, that I will do anything and everything I can to make sure every person I meet makes it to the temple, with their families. After, I bought a couple of little pictures of the temple, which I`m going to give to people to help them remember that the temple is always the goal. Because the temple is absolutely incredible. 

For the first half of the week, I had from about 5 until 9 to work. In the afternoon, we couldn`t because of Elder Giacoboni`s concussion. That was frustrating, but I was able to study a lot and I honestly feel like maybe E` G needed his concussion to give me that time to study. I really learned a lot, and feel a lot stronger. It also helped me learn to have patience. It was a trial, but it was good for me.

There is really isn`t any more to my week. Other than that, it was just regular missionary work. We don`t have any solid invests to talk about so...yeah that`s really all.

Mom - Are you trying to make me trunky by talking about movies?? Hahaha no problem. I`m really not jealous at all. You`re life sounds crazy! You`re life was crazy before I left, and now...wow. I can`t even imagine.

Dad - Thanks for the letter. It really helps to know that even when you don`t have time, you will make time for your family, even if your family is living thousands of miles away.

John - gotten married yet?

Jordan - I just got your letter. I`ll read it after I`m done,

Tashita - no joke = Sad brother

Shaylee - I`m writing you something and sending it to dad, ok?

One more thing. Saturday, was 11 years to the day after my baptism when I was 8. I realized how blessed I am that I have always grown up in the church, and that I have so much time as a member. I talk to other missionaries, other latinos, and converts, and they just don`t have the depth I do. I`m no better than them, but they don`t understand as well as I do. I was so blessed to be born in the covenant, and to be taught by an incredible family. I know I`m going to live with my family forever. I have no doubt. The gospel is true, I know it. I know that Christ made it possible to live with my family, forever, in His glory.

Love.
Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.