Wednesday, December 11

Austin: 12/9/13 - Transfer 3

What`s up? (That`s probably my most used phrase. Elder Martinez says it all the time, and it`s fun to say to members who don`t understand me)

 

So Elder Giacoboni left. He`s now a Zone Leader in some other zone. We all knew it was coming, I probably didn`t ever tell you all though.

 

My new companion is named Elder Martinez He`s from Honduras. He has 14 days more than me in the mission. 14 days!!! He`s awesome! He`s 18 still, and he`s an awesome missionary. There is only one reason that he`s not training already, his finger. In the CCM, he broke it, bad. He had to get surgery and now he has to go to rehab 3 times every week. In Central Lima. For an hour and a half of rehab, we have to have an hour and a half to travel, both ways. So in total, around 4 to 5 hours. That`s kind of interesting, but it`s good at the same time. When we are in our area, we work our tails off! We`re always doing all that we can. Like this week, our Key indicators weren`t high, but we probably had the most productive week of my mission. we just had a lot of lessons with members, so Elder Martinez could get to know the leaders of the ward. We worked hard, and with few lessons, I feel like we had success and we`re going to really start to grow. 

 

Elder Martinez is such a change. Elder Giacoboni was a punk, straight up. I love him, love him to death, but he`s a punk. Elder Martinez is more like me. He`s the only member in his family and he told me that he was baptized when he was 10 and in 8 years, he didn`t go to sacrament meeting maybe twice, in 8 years, alone every week. He felt terrible if he didn`t go. He`s a powerful example to me of being truly converted.

 

I got bit by a dog Saturday. It was terrible, but really funny. We hiked as high up as you can go in Lima, the very last house, no joke, for a reference. The guy wasn`t there. And his dog bit me. Somehow, it pierced my skin, but didn`t rip my pants. I`m totally fine, it hurt for an hour, and then I was fine. I took and antibiotic, and now I feel great. There`s just a mark on my leg. It`s actually a funny experience for me now.

 

Mom - christmas. Wow. Trunky. I don`t know what I`m going to do yet. I know the mission allows skype, but I don`t know where I could do it. And our mission calls for 5 minutes the week before to plan it all, what time and how. So I`ll look around to see if I can do skype or if I`m going to call. Packages, I`ve only got the one birthday one so far. But, I don`t know if the other one has come. I know the christmas package came, I saw it, but I can`t get it until P day, until today. So possibly other stuff is there? I don`t know. I`ll let you know last week. But I did see the Christmas package. And you`re life sounds crazy. And that`s funny that you finally met the mother of one of my very best friends. Haha

 

Dad - How`s work going? Are you working on a set at Centerpoint right now or no?

 

John - nice letter. It`s true, it is a blessing that we can go to the temple. Not a lot, but we can go. What happened with BYU football? I haven`t heard anything since the utah game

 

Jordan - maybe I should ask you about football...seeing as you live there. How`s school? I`m so glad that I don`t have to worry about my own personal life right now, like you and John do

 

Tashita - is this two week without a joke?? Sad............

 

Shaylee - no letter?? Sad............how are you doing? Did Dad show you my letter to you?

 

Love you all! I know this church is true! I was able to bear testimony yesterday of the love that the Lord has for each one of us. I know he loves us. I have no doubt. We can live with him, in glory, forevery, with our families. This is such a blessing to know! I`m so grateful to share the joy of the gospel, with every person I can, in the beautiful spanish language. I can`t speak perfectly, but I can always get my point across. I feel a different spirit when I speak in spanish. The Lord truly puts the words in my mouth, and I know what to say and how to say it. The gift of tongues is real. I love the Lord, so much. He loves me, and is constantly blessing me, when I do what he asks of me

 

Love,

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.