Hello Family.
So................funny story. I didn`t get transfered. It was a joke by another missionary and I was dumb enough to fall for it. so......yeah. I`m still in Amancaes. My area didn`t change. Well, my area changed, but not physically, just some changes in the ward.
The biggest change and news of this week is that there are two more missionaries in my area. Elder and Hermana Rodiguez. We have a couple serving here now! Elder Rodiguez is from El Salvador and is a convert to the church. Hermana Rodiguez is from the states, and she served a mission in El Salvador and Guatamala when she was younger. They`ve been living in the states, in Idaho for years and they both speak perfect spanish and english. They`re awesome! I`ve only talked with them, I`ve never worked with them, but I have no doubt they`re going to help soooooooooooo much. They both have a fire to share the gospel. They both bore their testimonies in Sacrament meeting and in the words of Elder Martinez "that was the first time I`ve felt the spirit in this ward" and it`s probably the second time I have. They testified so simply, but with so much power. It wasn`t a thankamony, it wasn`t a decribeyourfamilyamony, it was testimony. They bore witness of truths of the gospel, and the spirit was there. They will be such a blessing to us. One reason is because our bishopric (what is that word? bishopric? bishopbric? I`m not sure) only has one counciler. And in his first week in the ward, they called Elder Rodiguez as a counciler. So he will be with our bishop and he`ll be able to have more influence. I feel like missionary work will finally start to move here now in this area.
Another thing different this week was that we had a work visit, by Elder Morales-Bac, an AP. We don`t know why, but he came and worked with us. For some reason, president wanted to check up on Amancaes and Pioneros (poineros had a work visit with Elder Oseguera, the other AP). The day went really well. Elder Morales complimented us on how we`re working and gave us a bit of advice. Most of all what I learned from him was that Elder Martinez and I need to control the lessons better. Elder Morales would teach, ask questions, but still completely control the lesson so it went exactly where he wanted it to go. It was a great learning experience for me.
Mom - so for your question....I don`t know the answer either. Many moments I work with a heart filled with joy, but many moments I work because I have to. It`s been something that I`ve been working on. And I know the Lord has been blessing me, because I had more joy this week that before. Something that helped me a lot was elder Rodriguez. Every time he shakes my hand, he has a HUGE grin on his face, and they pulls me in for a hug. I don`t know how long it`s been since I`ve gotten a real hug. That sound a little...I don`t know. Femi? But it helped me remember that I need to have love for the people that I teach, and for everyone. And I`ve been working on it, and the Lord has blessed me with more happiness.
One question I`ve got for you is, how do you know these things about my friends? I only know from Dave, Jord, and Zach, we`ve got a group email thing goin on. But, how do you know? Not that it`s a problem, just interesting...
Dad - I am so sorry. Your week sounds absolutely terrible...I`m sorry. I remember when we had weeks like that before, it`s never fun. Sorry
john - glad your birthday was good. Have I ever told you how happy it makes me that you`re doing missionary work? I`m ashamed how little I did before my mission. Everyone can do something. Even in Centerville ut. So that makes me happy. Keep going.
Jordan - you life sounds.......blank. Hahaha
Tashita - have I every told you that because you are blonde, it makes your jokes even better?
Shaylee - you have to know all your parts for you play this week? Dang. I remember that week...it`s always terrible. But you`ll get it. I know it! Because you`re awesome! And I`m really jealous of shorts...I wear them once a week on P day....
I`m so grateful for the spirit of the Lord. If we have done our part, the Lord will always give us what we need through his spirit. I was in a lesson with a new member who hadn`t come to church for weeks because she felt bad because she doesn`t have a dress. My first thought was "I DON`T CARE!!!!" And then I realized, my opinion doesn`t matter at all. Buy it also doesn`t matter to the Lord. He just needs our willing heart. A scripture in the bible popped into my mind, that helped her feel the spirit and accept to come to church again, with or without a dress, it doesn`t matter. I hadn`t read that scripture in who knows how long. But the Lord blessed me so that it popped into my head again. I know that if we do our part, the Lord will always bless us with that we need, in the moment that we need it, just as he promised several times in D&C.
Love,
Elder Schouen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.