Monday, May 5

Austin: 5/5/2014 - happy birthday Jordan!

Hola!

 

So before I forget, happy birthday Jordan. Because you`re not a 12 year old girl, I`m just gonna leave it at that. You don`t get like 18 trillion !. Oh, and happy birthday to breANNA and Sherie (forgive me if I spell your name wrong)

 

This week was great and also really crapy! How does that work? It all depends on one thing. The Spirit. As a missionary, the spirit is EVERYTHING. If you don`t have the spirit with you, you`re dead. Absolutely dead. This week, we started out the week really well. We were teaching, we had a baptismal date, we were happy. And I don`t know what in the world happened, but I completely lost the spirit. I don`t know when, I don`t know why, I don`t know how, but it was gone. I was being obedient, I was working, but it was gone. I started to get mad at my companion (in my head. I don`t blow up anymore like I used to), I started to teach like crap, I just felt bad. I was depressed, I was angry, I was not good. But then I decided to fast. I knew that Fast Sunday was this week, but I`ve gotten into the habit of fasting for every baptism, always. And we had a baptism set up for Thursday night. So I fasted for that, for my feet, and for the spirit again. And I can say, without a hint of doubt, that the Lord answered my prayer and fast. The pain in my feet, yeah, it was still there, but less, and Hermana Erickson called me and gave me some advice from the mission doctor that helped out a lot. My baptism, got baptized! And I got the spirit back. I am not perfect, I never will be. But this week, after fasting, I felt strong again. I felt like I was the type of missionary that the Lord needed me to be. He knew that I needed the struggle, I don`t know why, but he does. But I know now, that He blessed me. The spirit makes one happy. And as you can see in my pictures of my baptism, I was happy, my invest, now baptism, was happy. (And you don`t have ANY idea how hard that is. She`s one of the moodiest people, angriest people, that I have ever met, but she was happy because she felt the spirit.) The Lord truly does bless us. I`m so grateful for that. He also knows what we need. As you can see again in my pictures, I look like a totally idiot. It was hilarious. The Lord knew that I was really serious in my first area. Like, I didn`t smile because I was so serious. But He sent me here to learn how to love my mission. This Zone/ward is crazy. The missionaries are super happy. Sometimes, too happy, and they don`t work because they just don`t care enough. But here, the Lord has taught me to love the work, make a fool out of myself, but still work my tail off (better would be work my feet off....hahaha) He knew what I needed, and know what I need now. He is everything. I`m so grateful for Him.

 

Mom - Who`s my bishop then? Because I really wanted bishop Linton to still be my bishop...but he`s in the other ward right? The ward sounds like a transfer in the mission. You go to a new place, and you don`t know anyone. But there`s a reason the Lord needs you to be there. Just learn to love everyone and everything.

 

Dad - oh, I get it now with the sets. How`s work?

 

John - have you gotten engaged yet? Cuz ya should. haha. Just be yourself, and it`s happen

 

Jordan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it`s great. thanks for your constant example to me. I`ve always looked up to you, and always will. Love you

 

Tashita - LOVE THE NEW WARD EVEN IF IT`S CRAP!!!!

 

Shaylee - I`m glad your birthday was good. And just love young women`s. Trust me. You won`t get bored if you don`t want to get bored.

 

Love you all!

Elder Schouten 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.