Monday, October 27

Austin: 10/27/2014

Hola Familia!

 

This week was really fast. I feel like the week was only three days long instead of 7. Weird.

 

This week, I had another half baptism! Italo got baptized! I`m trying to put in a picture. I`ve talked about him right? I say it`s a half baptism because he`s not from my area, but I taught him half the lessons. We taught him about half the lessons, and then we passed the reference to the elder from his area. And then I interviewed him, and every baptismal date that he has had, I`ve invited him to baptism. So, for the mission, I did nothing, but for Italo, he has four missionaries: Elder Schouten, Elder Ruiz, Elder Perez, and Elder Rios. He got baptized, and I was super happy! I got to his baptism before any of the other elders, and he was already there and he waved me over and told me "I`m super nervious!" I talked to him and helped him calm down, and later, he got baptized! Right after he got out of the water, I went to the bathroom and I asked him "how do you feel?" and he said "excellent!!" He had the biggest grin on his face that I have ever seen! He was so happy and felt so clean! I know that baptism truly is a covenant with the Lord which changes the lives of people.

 

On Tuesday, we had interviews with President Erickson. I went into my interview, we talked a bit, and he asked me if I had any questions. I asked him the question/analogy that John sent me last week, about a humble baseball pitcher that is doing well and asks for help to get even better, showing humility. I just asked him what I could improve on. He pretty much told me to follow the spirit. He showed me some scriptures from D&C that talked about the importance of following the spirit. He showed me one scripture from D&C that listed 5 things necessary to be able to see god`s face. One was obey, the other 3 I don`t remember, and one was follow the spirit. It`s so important, and I have just been trying to follow the promptings of the spirit. So that he will tell me where to go, what to teach, who to teach, everything. I gave my district homework this week in district meeting, which was to look for and write down a spiritual experience everyday. As I`ve truly searched for the guidance of the spirit, I`ve felt it. During the sacrament yesterday, i just listened to the spirit and read the scriptures and recieved very direct guidance from the Lord about what I need to do. What he expects of me, and how to do it.

 

My zone, on a scale from 1 to 10, is SUPER ununited. Like, super ununited. it`s a serious problem. We`re doing all we can, but it`s been hard. This week, the zone leaders tried something that, at least in my opinion, helped a lot. We did a super work visit. The entire zone one day did a work visit, but not just within our districts, with other districts. I got shipped of to an area that I would never go to, with an elder that I would never be with, because it`s not my district. But it was really cool. I got to know really well on the of the elders in the zone that needs a bit of help, and I was able to help him, and help him have the patience to get along better with his companion. I liked the change a lot, and it helped the zone unite a lot.

 

I`ve learned a lot lately about how the Lord knows everything and truly inpires leaders to guide us. When I got transfered here to Comas, I was with Elder Ruiz. I already knew him, and did not want to be with him. He bugged me, and I knew I would have trials with him. (Those were terrible thoughts because I started the race from the back of the group) It was really hard at first, but the Lord knew that I needed to learn. It would be a lie if I said these three and a half months haven`t been hard, because they have. But I have learned so much. So much that has helped me grow. I`m so grateful for the Lord and his guidance in my life so that I can improve.

 

Mom - sorry for short letters. i need to think about what I`m going to write before I start writing. i know this letter was kind of random. And i can`t believe Jekyll and Hyde was crap!! I love that musical! It`s my favorite, other that wicked. Wow. that`s sad that it wasn`t good. It is really dark, but the music is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to grade tests for 12 hours?????????????? That`s crazy! I loved your quote by elder holland.

 

Dad - shaylee beat you in a run?? Embarrassing....jajaja. I`m excited to find out who you invite! How is your calling? What exactly do you do? I`m trying lately to work better with members, because we need to, but I`m short on ideas. How do you guys work with the missionaries?

 

John - I liked your story. It`ll get better. thanks for always writing me.

 

Jordan - thnaks for the letter!! wow. crazy. I loved that quote.

 

Tashita - LOVED YOU JOKE! How are you?

 

Shaylee - um...are ya dead sister?

 

Love you all, and I know this church is true!

Love

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.