Monday, December 29

Austin: 12/29/2014 - Feliz Navidad!

Hola Familia!

Feliz Navidad otra vez! (Merry Christmas again!) It was great and really weird talking to you all on thursday. I don´t know why, but I felt really weird talking to you all. I don´t know if you noticed. I felt awkward. Obviously I loved it, but I felt weird too. I feel like in 45 minutes, I didn´t learn anything about you guys, and you know nothing more about me. I just learned that my 12 year old sister has an iPhone, which is completely unnecesary and ridiculous. But yeah. I´m in peru. What can I do?

Christmas in the mission is the best! It´s sooooooooooooooooo different, but it´s awesome. They have a weird tradition where they stay up till midnight, light off fireworks, and eat a bit dinner. I don´t understand why, but they do. It confuses me, but it´s alright. It´s fun.

The reason Christmas is so great in the mission, is because I have the chance to teach about Christ and Joseph Smith to everyone I meet. Everyone feels the spirit, and are willing to accept. They all are closer to God this week, that´s why I loved it so much. Presents, there was some candy, time with the family, 45 minutes on the phone, but Christmas was truly great because I could testify of my Savior, Jesus Christ, to everyone that I met. I know that He lives and that He truly died for all of my sins, so that I can be happy in this life, and forever live with my family.

I really have nothing else to say, because I said it all on the phone....

We do have a baptismal date for the 17th of january. Her name is Pamela Cruzes. She´s the boyfriend of a less active member. she´s doing really well, and we´re excited for her. Keep her in your prayers.

mom - that movie sounds CRAZY! I´ll have to see it when I get home. And I told you that I got all the packages and everything right?

Dad - Merry christmas! It was good to talk to you, though you didn´t say much. And I can´t believe Shanae is home already....crazy.

John - I replied to your letter. ugh. and that blows to have to work on new years day. but yeah.

Jordan - wow. You wrote me a letter!!!!! Crazy! I actually read one of your letters to me this morning. When you burned me for not having faith? I think I´m going to share that with my district.

Tashita - Good job sister! You sang "this is the grist." very good. very good work.

Shaylee - You´re spoiled. why do you have a phone??

I love you all! I know this church is true and that Jesus christ is our savior!
Love
Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.