Tuesday, June 30

Austin: 6/29/2015

FYI Austin gets home July 14th

 

Hola Familia!

 

Wow. This was a memorable week. About a month ago, Dad wrote me and said that the last month of the mission is just as crazy as the first. And I didn`t understand what he meant. But now I do...

 

This week, we had a crazy spiritual lesson. Wednesday night, we knocked on a door and Sonia opened the door. We just started to contact her, we had never met her before. When she saw us, she almost closed her door on us, but because of some quick speaking, she started to listen to us. We presented ourselves, and she said that she wanted us to talk to her daughter, so we decided to come back Friday afternoon. Friday afternoon, we got to Sonia`s house, and she let us in. We sat down, and she called her daughter Maritza into the room. Maritza is 26 years old, and has two little kids. So we got to know them, and started to teach them lesson one. And out of no where, Sonia says "Hermanos, I don`t know what my daughter`s problem is. I talk to her, I give her advice, but she doesn`t listen to me. She doesn`t follow what I tell her. She is a terrible mother and she doesn`t want help." And from there, she started to name off a lot of family problems. I heard that and thought "wow woman. Hold your horses. Why are you telling me? I`m a 20 year old kid that you don`t even know!" And after she finished, her phone rang, and she ran off to answer it. So then, I asked Maritza how she felt. And she told us that she felt bad. She`s stressed because of her "husband" (they`re not married) because he`s not the world`s greatest guy and her daughter causes a lot of problems. She always just tries to make her parents mad. And then she went on to name a lot of problems. And after that,the spirit took over. My comp wipped out the scripture that was in my mind "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (matt 11:28-30) The spirit inspired us to teach the same thing. We invited them to come unto Christ, so that he can change their lives. The spirit inspired us to know what to teach them. We invited them to come to church, and without any opposition, they accepted to come, and Maritza went! When we passed by Sunday morning to go to church, she was already ready! And she went to church with her daughters and she stayed all three hours! I don`t know what she thought of it because I couldn`t see her after, but we`re going to teach them tonight to see what she thought. 

 

Mom - I`m so jealous of the cabin. I want to go. So, for the first and last time, i`m going to say something trunky. Don`t worry about making everything perfect for when I get home. I just want dick`s glazed donuts and for dinner I want waffles. Nothing else. Peopledon`t worry.

 

Dad - that sounds interesting. The blacks didn`t mess with the "ministers"?

 

John - you always sprain your ankle, don`t you?

 

Jordan - so it`s official. You`re engaged. Congratulations. That`s so weird because when I left, you were a newly returned missionary. And now you`re engaged. Weird.

 

Tasha - hi

 

Shaylee - hi

 

Love youall!

 

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.