Tuesday of last week we had exchanges in the Hermanas area. That night I had the weirdest stomach ache of my life. It wasn't like a stomach ache, but like a stomach pain... It was pretty painful and I'm not sure what was making it hurt so bad, but I was still able to tract so that's all that matters...
On Wednesday we were trying some potentials and we met this really cool guy named Pete. When we came up to him he said he didn't actually live at the house he was at and it was his grandmas house, so it was a miracle he was actually there. We did a short restoration lesson with him and he said he'd like to continue meeting with missionaries. He's not in our area so we got to send a really cool referral to some other missionaries. Also a funny thing, when we came up to him he was smoking and then he threw his cigarette on the ground and said, "Whenever you guys come and talk with me, I always feel like I should throw away my cigarette." Pete may not know about the Word of Wisdom, but I guess we have some sort of vibe that tells him he shouldn't smoke. Hahaha
On Thursday we had interview with President and Sister Smith. They were awesome as always. :) President gave me some really good advice which to sum it up was, that I need to be exactly obedient and trust that the Lord can make things happen. All I have to do is be the best missionary I can be and trust in the Lord's timing.
On Friday not much happened expect for one funny thing. We were tracting on this street that you could tell must have been tracted probably a billion times, because no one was happy to see us. There was this one guy who opened the door, and we told him who we were and he said, "Jehovah's witnesses? Try next door (We're still not really sure what he meant by 'try next door.' I guess he's just a crazy person)." We told him that we weren't Jehovah's witnesses and he said, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Jehovah's witnesses." Then he shut the door. I was just like, "Uh you're wrong." It wasn't very funny at the time and it was actually pretty annoying, but when I look back on it I think it's pretty funny.
On Sunday one of the people we're teaching came to church! His name is Jake and he's been reading in the Book of Mormon pretty much each day and is on date for November 10th! He told us once when we were reading in the Book of Mormon with him that he was "sweating and it's 69 degrees in the house and I feel really happy." We told him he was feeling the holy Ghost. It was really cool!
Well that was my week. Another good and busy one!
Love,
Sister Schouten
Picture Caption:
One terrifying picture of us when we used the flash on the camera.
One cute and one not so cute picture of us tracting around.
Exchanges
All district council
PLUS a VIDEO





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.