Hello!
This Monday
we had a lesson with the Binette family. I'm not sure if I've told you very
much about them, but they were sort of a less-active family in the past, but
they've been coming back and a few of their kids got baptized back in February.
Their kids are super cute and super fun!
On Tuesday this week we were able to visit the
member who was in the hospital again. We also got to meet with another lady
named Stephanie who just so happened to be in the hospital as well. We met
Stephanie back in October and she was super cool! She wanted a Book of Mormon,
but we didn't have one with us *facepalm* but it's ok because she let us come
see her in the hospital! We gave her a Book of Mormon and read a little bit of
it with her.
We were supposed to have a lesson with Jake, the
person who was on date for November 10th, but he fell off the face of the
planet so that's cool. He was doing so good and then poof, he gone.
On
Wednesday we did Halloclean. Instead of knocking doors on halloween everyone in
the mission deep cleaned their apartment. We cleaned our carpets, which were
disgusting before, and now they look amazing if I do say so myself! For
Halloclean there were certain things we could do to get our name in a drawing
and whichever companionship got picked got to have dinner with President and
Sister Smith, but we didn't win.
We
also got one single trick-or-treater. It was the highlight of my week. Little
kids in costumes are fun.
On
Thursday starting at 4:45 we had exchanges with the Hermanas and that went
until 4:45 on Friday. I was in the Hermanas area again and I officially decided
I don't like doing exchanges in the Hermanas area. I feel so useless and
unproductive. I just stood there while Hermana Bray talked to people in
spanish. It was fun.
On
Friday after exchanges we had a lesson with the Rawes who I decided are one of
the highlights of serving in the Massaponax. Sister Rawe and Ethan are just the
coolest! I love them!
On
Saturday we saw the Hills again and read the Book of Mormon with them. They
have 2 dogs at their house and they're probably my least favorite dogs
ever! I've decided the dog stereotype that missionaries talk about isn't a
stereotype at all. Dogs on the mission are the worst. All they do is bark. I
even like cats more than I do dogs which I didn't think was possible for me.
I've never liked cats, but cats are just so small and don't make any noise.
It's super nice.
Also
on Saturday we got transfer calls and drum roll please.........
I'm
getting transfered! Next week I'll be writing you from a completely different
area in the mission. I wasn't surprised though. My mission president pretty
much told me in my interview that I was going to be transferred.
Nothing
out of the ordinary happened on Sunday. I got pictures with some people in the
ward who I like the most since I'm leaving. It was a little sad, but not too
bad.
Well
that's about it! Love you all!
Love,
Sister
Schouten
You
get a lot of pictures this week
Sister
Smart and I dressed up as each other for Halloween.
I
carved a pumpkin-we didn't have any knives so I used a pen to carve the letters
haha
The
before and after of the carpet
Virginia
is so pretty in the fall!
Exchanges
The
rawes
Shelbi-one
of the coolest members
Fern-another
cool member
The
famous wellings
The
winfreys-a super cool family















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.