Monday, November 26

Natasha's Weekly Mission Letter

Hello! Hope y'all had a great thanksgiving and are now ready for Christmas!! We can now say happy holidays to people when we go tracting which is awesome!

Fun fact for you. Of the past year I've only driven about 4 of the 12 months. Obviously I couldn't drive for the first couple months I broke my leg and then the most senior companion is the one who drives the car on the mission. I haven't driven for 6 months and I really just want to drive again.

On Tuesday this week we were tracting and out of no where Hermana LeMaro started having some pain in her lower left side and was like, "Guys I'm about to die." So we went back to the apartment. It was in that moment that I realized that I'm probably going to accidentally kill my kids because I won't believe them when they say they're in pain. At first I thought she was being a baby, but then we ended up taking her to patient care because we thought she was having a kidney stone. So ya I'm a terrible person... But don't worry she wasn't having a kidney stone and she lived. The doctors told her they didn't know what was up and to go home and come back if the pain gets worse. So doctors aren't very helpful.

On Wednesday we had exchanges with the STLs and it was probably one of the least productive exchanges I've ever had. We had a productive day planned, but then there was some drama with one of the investigators who was supposed to get baptized on Saturday. He originally wasn't going to make it to his baptismal interview that day so we stayed at the church for more than half the day trying to get that worked out. Finally it did and he had his interview which was good! But by the time that all happened it was already like 4.

Thursday was THANKSGIVING! We had dinner at a members house whose house we go to every Sunday. Their names are the Johnson's and they're really cool. It kind of felt like a normal thanksgiving. Sort of. It was really good though. After dinner we went tracting because missionary work doesn't stop for holidays. I was actually surprised that no one got mad at us for interrupting their thanksgiving. Everyone was actually pretty nice.

Friday we got arrested. Not really. But we did get the cops called on us. We were tracting at 8 at night so it was dark outside and I guess we scared someone or someone just really didn't like us. I'm guessing it was the angry lady who told us she didn't want anything from us. A police officer checked our I.D.s and told us it probably wasn't a good idea for us to be out this late at night. I was like, "Excuse me sir we've got some work to do and we're supposed to be out until 9."  So that was fun.

On Monday this week we met a guy named Pharaoh. Pharaoh requested a bible and we gave him a Book of Mormon too. We taught him the restoration on Saturday and he came to church one Sunday and seemed to like it! It was awesome!

Well that's mostly my week. Love you all!

Love,
Sister Schouten


Exchanges
We use a golf ball to knock on doors because it's so cold (sorry I look like a noob)
Tracting on thanksgiving. Those are our "we're cold" faces. 
Tracting in some rain





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.