Monday, December 3

Natasha's Weekly Letter


Hello family!

Well not much happened that's worth writing about on Monday night or Tuesday.

On Wednesday we had institute on the Fort Lee military base. While we were there we were talking with Eric (He's the recent convert as of a couple weeks ago). He was asking about the missionary schedule and how we only exercise for 30 minutes each day and he said, "Well that will be a problem." and we were like, "Uh  what? Are you thinking about serving mission?" And he said he was! It was awesome! He'd be an awesome missionary!

On Thursday we did weekly panning which is always fun. 

On Friday we had a lesson with Laura. I don't know if I've written about her before, but her mom's a convert and Laura has been looking into the church. She'd been at a stand still the past couple of weeks and wasn't really progressing, but this week we reset expectations with her and she said she wants to find her purpose in life and thinks she can find it through the church. 

On Saturday a girl in the ward got baptized and one of our investigators, Pharaoh came to the baptism! It was awesome! I also had my first failed pinneapple test. What the heck is a pineapple test? Well for those of you who don't know, pineapples symbolize a sign of welcome in the south/east so lots of people have pineapple doormats or other pineapple decorations to show they're welcoming. Most people I've talked to with pineapples are welcoming, but the other night we knocked on this door with a pineapple and the lady said, "Are you the Mormons?" and we were like, "Yah..." and she was like, "We told you not to come back anymore. Also you guys shouldn't come knocking on peoples doors when it's dark outside, it's a little spooky." So there you go. My first failed pineapple test. Definitely not welcoming. I'm sure she's a great person normally though...

On Sunday we went to sacrament on the military base and then we knocked on Laura's door Sunday morning to help her and her mom get ready for church and when she opened the door she was all ready and ready to go! It was awesome. Both she and Pharaoh came to church!

Sunday was probably one of the best Sunday's I've had on my mission or probably in my life. Towards the end of fast and testimony meeting Paul, a guy in the ward who has been Eric's fellowshipper bore his testimony and then Eric bore his testimony. Then Ja'quan, another recent convert, bore his testimony as well. Ja'Quan also got the priesthood yesterday and we got to be there for it!!! I have so much love for these people! I didn't think I was capable of feeling so much love for people other than my family.

Oh also! Guess what temperature it was yesterday. 

It was 70 degrees. In December. What the heck Virginia?! Well there's my little tangent for you.


That's my week. Love you all!

Love,
Sister Schouten


Picture Captions:
Tracting
Pic of me and Sister Daines where we have no idea where it came from
Us and Ja'quan
Berlin. A cute kid in the ward who got a hold of my tablet
Virginia can be beautiful every once in a while






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.