Monday, December 10

Natasha's Weekly Letter: 6 down, 12 to go





Hola familia! Wanna hear something crazy? I'll have been on my mission for 6 months on Thursday! Wuuuuuut? 😲

So this past Tuesday we had exchanges. I was in the stls area with Sister Kirby again. During the day when we were about to go tracting we got a text from one of their investigators out of nowhere asking if we could meet. Long story short she's on date to be baptized on the 17th! They hadn't been able to meet with her for weeks and now she's on date! It was really cool! 

Thursday was probably one of the best days of my life. Not really, but on Thursday I was able to drive! It was amazing! I hadn't driven in almost 6 months. The reason why I got drive wasn't great though. Thursday night we were at the senior couples apartment and Hermana LeMaro got a fever. She had been kind of sick and nauseous all day and at the end of the night she got a really bad fever and she didn't think she could drive so I got permission to drive home! It was the best! I love driving! 

On Friday guess what we did? Absolutely nothing. We stayed in all day since Hermana LeMaro was sick. Sister Daines and I cleaned the apartment and read the book of Mormon with a couple people over the phone. That was about it. I didn't go crazy. I was close though.

On Saturday Hermana LeMaro was feeling better so we got to go out. We had a lesson with one of our investigators, Pharaoh, which went pretty well. 

On Sunday it snowed and snowed and just kept on snowing. We went to church and I got to speak so that was fun. I spoke on the Light of Christ. We also had a music number that Sister Daines, Hermana LeMaro and I sang in with some other people in the ward. So there you go mom. I'm using my talents... After I spoke and we sang there was supposed to be 2 other speakers, but they cut sacrament short because of the snow. Honestly being from Utah it wasn't that bad at all, but being in Virginia there's like no plows so the roads weren't super safe. 

We had a video call lesson with Laura, one of our investigators, and she's now on date for the 29th of December! I'm really excited for her! She's really awesome!

This morning instead of starting P-day like normal we were asked to go out and serve people around us from 8-11 and then have p-day from 11-9. We got to help a few people brush off their cars and shovel their driveways. I loved it! I loved just serving! We got to help a few people and they were all really grateful. It was awesome! I could have done it all day if it weren't for the fact that I had turned into a popsicle by the time it was 11. (:
We also built a snowman and played in the snow with a guy in our ward and his daughter. It was fun. 

Love you all!

Love,
Sister Schouten

Picture Caption:
Us and Berlin playing in the snow
We're a Christmas tree. I was the star, Sister Daines was the tree and Hermana LeMaro was the ornament (yellow, green, red)
We got to help decorate the senior couples Christmas tree (:
Tracting in the snow






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.