HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🎉🎊🎈🎉🎊🎈
Wow what a week. I don't even know what to write about. I feel like the last 5 days have been some of the longest, most tiring days of my life, but they've also just been a huge blur.
I couldn't tell ya really what I did last Monday and Tuesday because, like always, I'm really slacking in my journal writing and I can't remember anything I did. I do have a goal this transfer to write in my journal everyday, but I've already failed at that and I made my goal two days ago so we'll see how that goes...
One thing we did do on Tuesday was we met with a family in the ward the Sheffers. While we were there their son Gavin, who's probably 3 knocked over there Christmas tree. Naturally I thought it was hilarious, but I didn't laugh right away because I wanted to see what the parents would do, but they just started laughing too. It was super funny. We took a picture before we left in front of the tree and the tip of the tree is bentover.
On Wednesday we had the dreaded transfers. I didn't feel that nervous since I was told I was being transferred because I was expecting it, but the drive down to tranfers was not fun. Definitely was a little nervous. So transfers were crazy! You'll never guess where I'm living or who I'm serving with.
So I live in a High school... Am I joking? No, no I'm not. They took an old high school and made it into apartments. We have these huge windows in our apartment and there's a view of the football field. Even though they don't use the high school they still use the football field so last firday we came home and watched some of the football game.
I'm serving in the hopewell area with not one, but two companions. I'm also serving in what we call a zebra companionship. I have one English sister and one hermana. The English sister I'm serving with is Sister Daines who was in my mtc district. So ya transfers were crazy. I'm living in a High school with two companions one English and one Spanish and with Sister Daines from the mtc.
Also another funny thing. There's this skeleton in our apartment who has a missionary name tag that says Elder Bones and seeing it has made me think of the Mr. Bones song in white Christmas and its been stuck in my head for the past 5 days. It's very not helpful because it just makes me want to watch white Christmas which I won't be able watch for another year. So that fun.
On Saturday we had a baptism for this guy named Eric. It was a cool baptism. I came from an area where we were literally teaching no one to an area with a baptism and two people on date and 4 different referrals in 4 days. Hopewell is very different from Massaponax. I haven't been tracting in 5 days and I almost kind of miss knocking on doors which I never thought I'd ever say that... Sister Schouten miss talking to people?
That night we did some Facebook in a burger king and on the tv they were playing the 4th Harry potter which was super not ok. I didn't realize how much I missed Harry potter until I saw it playing. When we walked out sister Daines asked if that was harry potter playing and that is when I found out that both of my companions are crazy people and don't like Harry potter. I'm low, or maybe high key judging them for that.
So I'm currently typing this at the Schmitt's apartment. The Schmitt's are the senior couples in our area. They came back a little earlier with another senior couple in the mission who are none other than the Gonda's (Moms cousin). So I've now met them and Sister Gonda sounds and looks a lot like Sherrie to me. It's funny and cool. I'm glad I met them!
So I also don't have a computer to type on this transfer so I'm typing it all on my tablet so don't be surprised if my letters are a little shorter and have lots of typos in the future because this is super tedious.
Oh and my new address is 1201 W. City Point Rd Apt. #209 Hopewell Virginia, 23860
Love you all!
Love Sister Schouten
Sister Smart and I with Sister Sheffer and the bent Christmas tree. Also Gavin in the background.
Sister Smart and I on our last day as companions
Sister Daines, Hermana LeMaro and me
Me and Sister Gonda



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.