HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 🍗
I'm thankful for all of you and for the
examples you've been in my life. I'm especially thankful for my family and the
gospel! I'm especially thankful for my Savior. Since I've been on my mission
I've been able to recognize how much my testimony has grown. I went from
hearing about stories of the Savior and the miracles he performed into truly
believing them. Stories of the Savior aren't just stories to me anymore,
they're a reality. I know my Savior died for me and that through His sacrifice
I can live with Him, my Heavenly Father, my family and everyone else I love
again. I'm so thankful for the Savior and for His sacrifice. I can't wait for
the joyful day I get to see my Savior again. I can't wait to give Him a hug and
thank Him for all that He has done for me! I love the Savior and I hope all of
you are making to effort to get to know Him everyday. If not, I invite you to
do so. You can't control of lot of things in your life, but that's one thing
that you can. It's all up to you. Spend less times on the unimportant things
like playing on your phone or watching t.v. and get to know the Savior. Talk
with Him in prayer, read the scriptures, serve someone, or tell your family you
love them. As you put in the effort you'll get something out of it. I know this
from my own experience since being on my mission. You'll be able to come to
know your Savior. He can be more than just a story. Let Him be a reality.
More about Hopewell: Hopewell is what I call
the ghetto, but Hermana LeMaro, who's from New York, says it's not ghetto. So I
guess I don't know what the ghetto truly is. It looks pretty ghetto to me.
On Tuesday this week we had Zone Conference!
And it was awesome as always! We talked a lot about family history and how it
can be another tool when doing missionary work. The lady teaching us about it
was a little bit crazy, but it was still good. Haha.
After zone conference all three of us got
priesthood blessings. Don't worry we're not all falling apart and we don't hate
each other, we all just sort of felt like we needed a blessing. Elder Thurgood,
a senior couple missionary, gave me the blessing and it was super comforting.
There were a few things that stood out to me. He told me that my Heavenly
Father loves me and would wrap His arms around me and would tell me I'm doing a
good job if He were here. I was also told that there were people out there who
think they have their lives planned out, but don't know God's plan for them yet
and that I'm supposed to help them learn of His plan for them. Then I was
blessed with physical strength... That's twice now that I've been given a
blessing that I would be able to perform physically. I was also told that in my
setting part blessing. I've been feeling perfectly fine ever since I've been on
my mission so it's making me wonder if I'm gonna have some weird trial of faith
where my leg is going to freak out or something like that. What are you trying
to tell me Heavenly Father?
On Wednesday we went to go help an old lady
move into her daughter's house. When we got there they ended up not really
needing our help, but she told us that she has a granddaughter who has been
reading the gospel doctrine handbook and really wants to take the missionary
discussions. She said she wants to be baptized. So that's incredibly exciting.
Miracles do happen people.
Thursday we didn't do much just lots of
weekly planning.
On Friday we had a lesson with Stacy who's a
recent convert. We taught the Plan of Salvation and she's just the
coolest.
On Saturday we went to this Mexican
restaurant called la bodega. When you go in it looks like you're probably going
to get food poisoning and die from eating their food, but it was actually like
one of the best things I've ever eaten.
That night and on Sunday we had Stake
conference and Elder Gay and Elder Devries from the 70 were there. Elder Gay
was awesome! He talked about how 90% of mountain climbing accidents happen on
the way down. They think they've already achieved their goal of reaching the
top of the mountain so they become careless and have accidents. He said that
our goal should always be to return home. He said that lots of people will tend
to focus on their goal of going on a mission or being married in the temple and
then they don't know what to do after and they get lost and don't stay strong
in the gospel. He made me realize my life will keep going after my mission... 😕 That's a scary thought. I was planning
on just staying my mission forever, but sadly that is not the case.
Sunday night we met a lady named Olga and
she's probably one of the most prepared people I've met for the gospel since
I've been on my mission. She's the coolest. She loved the first vision and
Moronis promise and was really excited to read the Book of Mormon.
Well that is all for this week. Sorry for the
kind of long letter. Love you!
Love,
Sister Schouten
Pictures:
Me being weird all wrapped up in a blanket
Tracting
My wml's son who's has an adorable poncho. He looked hilarious in it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.