Hello all it was great to talk to you on Saturday. I as well don't have a ton to tell you because I talked to you for a long time on Saturday and I forgot my planner. But my letter will probably be long because I just said it wouldn't be, but oh well, we'll see. Well on Saturday after I talked to you I hung around the apartment while Elder Erb talked to his family from 1:30 to about 5ish. (His parents got divorced so he talked to two families. That's why it took so long.) After we finished talking to our families we hung around our apartment for about an hour and a half and we ate some leftover lasagna. It was really good. After that we went to the Montrose chapel with the Tunkhannock and Montrose Elders. It was a ton of fun. We played hide and go seek and one of the Montrose elders got these remote control cars that shoot at each other and you have 3 lives and we played that in the gym and we raced them down the hall. (No we didn't break anything.) We also played with Elder Erb's remote control helicopter in the gym. It was a lot of fun to play with it in a room that the ceiling was really high. Then yesterday we had church. There wasn't anything unusual about it. We had our PEC meeting, or whatever you call the meeting where you meet with the branch mission leader and talk about missionary work. Then we had our meetings and then we had a normal day, just went out to try to see people but last night was kind of like last Sunday. Nobody was home and we went all over the place trying to find anyone to talk to us.
Yes mom I did get the BYU plaque and I really like it. It just forgot to say anything about it. I think it's really cool. I didn't get a chance to talk about the ties you gave me much either. I think they are super cool. I really like the pink and black one and I wore it yesterday to church and I got a couple compliments on it and I'm wearing the purple one right now. I think they are really cool. Also thank grandma and grandpa for the shirt. I really like it too. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for everything you've sent me and all the support you give me. I'm really glad I have a good family supporting me. I can't say it enough so... thanks a lot for everything!
Mom if you think getting up for church the day after Christmas was bad wait until next year when Christmas is on Sunday. Jordan I hear you gave a talk. Your speaking in church a lot is good practice. Since I've been on my mission I've spoken 3 times but only two were in my branch. The other time was in Montrose when they didn't have missionaries. Giving talks isn't bad once you get used to it and you just be yourself and just put it in your own words. If you can say it like your just up there talking like you're talking to one person but you're really talking to a bunch of people it makes it so much easier.
My cold is doing a lot better. I was on the mend when I talked to you but just barely and now I just have a kind of stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough and that's about it.
Oh ya! I forgot. The 7-cube feels really big. It's really big in my hands. I like it a lot and I used to think the 6-cube was really big. I picked up the 6 after I had used the 7 for a while and it felt tiny, well relatively tiny. I've solved it probably about 4 times. It's easier than the 6 but it's still a lot of fun.
Dad- I usually get about one cold a year and that's about it. I usually don't get the flu though. Knock on wood. Knock knock knock. Hopefully I can stay healthy like I have the past years. Christmas was actually a lot of fun. It was boring waiting around while Elder Erb talked on the phone because his helicopter wasn't working so I ended up building Lego's and writing in my journal and doing my 7 cube. You and Mom were talking about how I've matured. In what ways? I know I have but where did you notice it? Was it in me committing Austin to going on dates? (I'm not forgetting about this Austin) That's cool that you guys get to do baptisms for the dead. It's cool that Jared thought it up. I wish I could go to the temple more. The only times we can really go to the temple is if we have a recent convert that is going and they've been through the one year waiting period. So the soonest I could go is either August next year or October. (I hope I get to.) Thank you for everything you do for me.
Mom- I think I answered most of your questions in the main body of the letter. If I didn't just ask me them again. When does school start again for everyone? Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for writing me every week and telling me what's going on. Thank you for all the support you give me. I can't write all the things I'm thankful for. So Thank you for everything. Oh ya! I need you and everyone to hound on Austin to go on dates like I would if I were there. But since I'm not I can't so I need you to fill in for me.
Jordan- I know I asked you this on Saturday but when do you put your papers in? Didn't you say like around Jan. 5th? What classes are you taking next semester at BYU? How are the Jazz doing? I haven't heard anything in a while. Are the Heat doing well? Are they soaring or failing miserably or just being mediocre? Have some fun at college before you go on a mission. If you don't when you're on your mission you'll wish you did. Go on some dates too.
Austin- Who are you going to ask on a date if you haven't already. I'm not forgetting about this. I'm expecting you to try your hardest to get at least (not just) 5 dates. (5 is the minimum. More would be better.) I promise that this will help you a lot in talking to people and it will help you TONS on your mission. I know your mission seems like forever away but it'll be upon you before you know it. If you don't prepare now then you will have missed your chance. I'm not saying this is the only way but it will help tremendously if you learn to talk to people and if you can learn to talk to girls, well, then you can talk to anyone, except maybe crazy people but that's besides the point. I'm know going on dates will help you. If you don't go on them you'll wish you did when you're on your mission and can't go on one even if you want to. Trust me this coming from the guy who didn't go on dates too often so I know how it feels. Just do it and it will help. I promise. Oh ya by the way did you ever get that letter I sent you a few months ago? I haven't heard anything.
Natasha- Thank you for the basketball pen. I really like it. I like shooting things with it. It's a lot of fun. I heard you went skiing recently. How was that? Did you like it? Isn't it fun? I love skiing. I'm not very good but I really like doing it. I hope you have a fun break from school.
Shaylee- You still don't have your two front teeth? Hadn't you lost both of them before I left? I would've thought for sure you would have them by now. Santa's living room sounds like a lot of fun. How big is the hat you made? Did you have fun skiing? Are you good at it? Who went with you. Have fun playing with your zoo zoo pets. Try not to kiss too many boys before I get back.
Well everyone, thank you so much for everything you do for me. I'm so grateful that I have a good family backing me up. Thank you for all that you've sent me and done for me. I couldn't do it without you. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! I love you all so much and miss you too.
Love,
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.