Monday, April 18

John 2/18/2011

Well this is the last week of this transfer so don't send anything to my apartment please.  Send it to the mission home.  I'm getting transferred.  Well actuall I haven't been told that I'm getting transferred but long story short my companion is training next transfer so unless they're going to put us in a 3 some then I'm pretty sure I'm leaving.  I'm kind of bummed that I'm leaving.  I love it here in Upper Darby.  I would love to stay for another transfer but I guess that's not what I'm supposed to do.  Also as part of me being out for 8 1/2 months I've aquired a lot of stuff that I don't really need  but still want but can't fit in my suitcase.  So you might be receiving a package from me.  I'm planning on sending home some books that somebody gave me that I can't read until after the mission.  Also I'm going to be sending that Thomas S. Monson biography book home.  I have nothing against it.  I love it and I'm thankful for it but I can't read it out here because it's not part of the missionary library and our mission pres. is pretty hard on giving permission on reading books other than the missionary library. Also I don't want it to get ruined in the consistent moving we have to do as missionaries.  So don't be offended when you see that book in there.  I would love to read it and plan on reading it as soon as I get home but I don't want to have to squish it into my suitcase.  I also am planning on sending home some pictures but that might not be for a little bit.  I want to get something so I can put my pictures on a flash drive or something so I can keep the memory card so I can still look at the pictures when I want.  So as a result you can keep the flash drive as a hard copy incase something happens to the copies on the computer and I will still have the pictures to look at.  Two more things.  First off did anyone else notice that Robert D. Hales didn't speak at conferernce?  If so do you have any idea why?  Just wondering.  And finally could you send me a copy of All of Me by Jon Schmidt.  I would like to be able to relearn that in my spare time when I have a piano. 

So now for the investigator part.  So we only have one baptismal date set for this weekend.  The other people we had set for the 24th aren't quite ready so we pushed them back.  Suzanne is still on track though.  She is smoke free for about 2 weeks now and her living situation has been aproved, if I didn't tell you before she lives with another guy but there is no law of chastity problems and he is just a care taker and he doesn't live there but he just helps take care of her because she has a lot of health issues.  We're super excited for her baptism though.  I'm super glad that when we set the date it was still in this last transfer so I can be there for it and still count her as someone I baptized.  Also incase you didn't know we can only go to the temple if we have a recent convert that is going. Suzanne is solid and I'm pretty sure she'll be going to the temple so I'm hoping that it will be before I leave the field so I can go with her.  (I really want to go to the temple but I can't because there isn't one in the mission. UGH!)

Anyway our other investigators are doing well.  The Singari family (the family from india) are doing well.  We are pushing their date back a little ways because they don't feel they are ready and we don't feel that they're ready yet either.  They need a little more time and need to contiune to learn and have their testimony strengthened before they will be ready for baptism.
Patrick and Cynthia are doing well also.  Cynthia is leaving for Liberia the first of may and will be there for almost a month and so we wont be able to teach her for a little while obviously, but her brother Patrick is a real cool guy and likes learning and is progressing well. 

The Mentor family is out of town for a little while.  They're going to Disney World and will be gone for a little while so I probably wont see them again.  (They get back after I'm gone... I think, I couldn't understand when they said they'd get back.  They either said in a week or in 3 weeks.  Either way I'll most likely be gone.)  But they're doing well also.

I got the newsletter.  Thank you for sending that.  I really enjoyed reading that.  I had just been wondering how all my friends had been doing and that answered my questions.  It was awesome hearing that.  I also get Matt's letters. When you send them  I don't know how often you send them but I usually get one about once every two or three weeks.

Dad- What was your conference about?  Why did they ask you to speak?  You're lucky you have the nice weather of Utah.  I much prefer the weather in Utah than the weather out here.  I like the dry not rainy weather.  It rains way too much out here and this state has way to much water.  They need to share with the rest of the country.

Mom-  That's awesome that that Relief Society conference helped a lot.  Ironic  I had jsut been thinking that you are super busy from all the things you have to do and then that said that it taught about juggling that hats you have to wear.  God works in mysterious ways.

Jordan- Congrats on your chem final.  Have fun at the temple.  It's an awesome place.  Go AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN!!!!

Austin-  I have a baptism on sunday coming up.  I have 3 baps. so far and you've only been on one date even if I don't reach 5 baptisms and only have 3 you still have some catching up.

Natasha-  How is school.  Are you still going to buy me a house.

Shaylee- Did you like having a dog for a week.

Love you all.  Gotta go.  Bye

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.