Well I did get transferred. I'm in a place called Harrington Delaware. My address is 504 Friendship Village Dr. Harrington, DE 19952. If you look it up on a map it doesn't exist yet. The apartment complex is pretty new so it isn't on maps yet. My new companion's name is Elder Baker. He is from south California. L.A. area. I'm back in the rural areas, says my companion. There isn't much for city out here from what I'm told.
Suzanne got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an awesome baptism. It was so cool that she was able to be baptized on Easter Sunday. It's really cool that she was able to be baptized on the day that Christ was resurrected. It was a great baptismal service. The spirit was so strong. Her husband/caretaker, (Steve) was there. He isn't a member and didn't sit in when we taught Suzanne but according to Suzanne she gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said he's reading it! He also came to the baptismal service to support. It was awesome. In the middle when Suzanne was changing back into normal clothes Elder Johnson and I taught the restoration. It went really well. Steve looked like he was listening to us. I hope that he takes it into consideration and lets the missionaries teach him. There was also another non member there as well. It was a pretty awesome day.
I'm pretty sure that Sunday was the best Sunday of my life. I really felt gratitude for the Savior. It's crazy what being on a mission does for you. I've never felt the importance of Easter like I did on Sunday. Before the mish Easter was always the candy day and you talked about Jesus a lot. But since I didn't have any candy it really let me focus on what the day really is about. Also President Schaefermeyer asked all the missionaries to read the events of the last week of the Saviors life. The references are on page 693-698ish. If you haven't done so then I would highly suggest doing it. It really helped me see the whole magnitude of what Christ did for us. I also was able to be grateful for all the great things this church teaches about Christ and our Heavenly Father. I really love how we can know that the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father is a loving one. Not bashing on the Jehovah's Witnesses but, long story short we met a lady named Tawana and she is studying to be a JW (Jehovah's Witness) and she said she'd come to church and she did. She didn't take the sacrament because their church teaches basically that only the select few get to take the sacrament and live with God again and the rest of the members inherit the earth and rule here. I just don't know how anyone could believe that. It just makes so much more sense that God is literally our Father and he loves us. He wants us to be happy. He doesn't want us to think we're not "the elect." We're all joint heirs with Christ. We can be truly happy and live with Him again if we will only follow the things he has asked us to. But all the things that happened on Sunday helped me see the importance of Christ and all that He's done for us. It's helped me understand it a little better.
Dad- So you did end up doing the float. Kinda ironic that you're putting a liberty bell on it and I'm in Philadelphia. Well I was as of 9 hours ago. Sounds like you had a fun week at work.
Mom- Wow you're really busy. Every week you tell me all that you have to do. I'm glad I'm a misisonary with little responsibility. Well, different responsibilities. My life is hard and busy but I'm not looking forward to in just over a year me having to come home and do homework and worry about life, marriage, and all that stuff. From all the work you had from Jordan coming home maybe I just shouldn't come home from my mission. :) And also dont worry about not getting the box off super fast. I still haven't sent my box off yet. I did manage to get some pictures in it though so you'll be happy.
Jordan- So you're done with a year of school. How does it feel. You are finally in the same grade I'm in. With how smart you are I would've thought that you would've caught up years ago. But no. It's taken you 14 years of schooling to do it. But good job on catching up. Even though my grades didn't show it I'm pretty smart. He he he. Funny ay? I just thought of that. I thought I'd write it for your enjoyment and anyone elses that is going to read it. Have fun in the temple. GO AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE! (I wish there was such thing as double caps. Oh wait there is, it's called italics and bold. It was just caps before but I just changed it.
Austin- Dates. Step on it. You have two weeks. Please.
Natasha- What does your watch look like? Did you like the 6th grade dance? Did you kiss any boys?
Shaylee- How is your school life? Are you doing anything interesting in 3rd grade? Wait are you in 3rd grade? I don't remember exactly. Who is you teacher?
Well I love you all. I'm so thankful for Christ and all that he has done for us. CTR it is the only way to happiness.
Love,
Elder Schouten
Suzanne got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an awesome baptism. It was so cool that she was able to be baptized on Easter Sunday. It's really cool that she was able to be baptized on the day that Christ was resurrected. It was a great baptismal service. The spirit was so strong. Her husband/caretaker, (Steve) was there. He isn't a member and didn't sit in when we taught Suzanne but according to Suzanne she gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said he's reading it! He also came to the baptismal service to support. It was awesome. In the middle when Suzanne was changing back into normal clothes Elder Johnson and I taught the restoration. It went really well. Steve looked like he was listening to us. I hope that he takes it into consideration and lets the missionaries teach him. There was also another non member there as well. It was a pretty awesome day.
I'm pretty sure that Sunday was the best Sunday of my life. I really felt gratitude for the Savior. It's crazy what being on a mission does for you. I've never felt the importance of Easter like I did on Sunday. Before the mish Easter was always the candy day and you talked about Jesus a lot. But since I didn't have any candy it really let me focus on what the day really is about. Also President Schaefermeyer asked all the missionaries to read the events of the last week of the Saviors life. The references are on page 693-698ish. If you haven't done so then I would highly suggest doing it. It really helped me see the whole magnitude of what Christ did for us. I also was able to be grateful for all the great things this church teaches about Christ and our Heavenly Father. I really love how we can know that the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father is a loving one. Not bashing on the Jehovah's Witnesses but, long story short we met a lady named Tawana and she is studying to be a JW (Jehovah's Witness) and she said she'd come to church and she did. She didn't take the sacrament because their church teaches basically that only the select few get to take the sacrament and live with God again and the rest of the members inherit the earth and rule here. I just don't know how anyone could believe that. It just makes so much more sense that God is literally our Father and he loves us. He wants us to be happy. He doesn't want us to think we're not "the elect." We're all joint heirs with Christ. We can be truly happy and live with Him again if we will only follow the things he has asked us to. But all the things that happened on Sunday helped me see the importance of Christ and all that He's done for us. It's helped me understand it a little better.
Dad- So you did end up doing the float. Kinda ironic that you're putting a liberty bell on it and I'm in Philadelphia. Well I was as of 9 hours ago. Sounds like you had a fun week at work.
Mom- Wow you're really busy. Every week you tell me all that you have to do. I'm glad I'm a misisonary with little responsibility. Well, different responsibilities. My life is hard and busy but I'm not looking forward to in just over a year me having to come home and do homework and worry about life, marriage, and all that stuff. From all the work you had from Jordan coming home maybe I just shouldn't come home from my mission. :) And also dont worry about not getting the box off super fast. I still haven't sent my box off yet. I did manage to get some pictures in it though so you'll be happy.
Jordan- So you're done with a year of school. How does it feel. You are finally in the same grade I'm in. With how smart you are I would've thought that you would've caught up years ago. But no. It's taken you 14 years of schooling to do it. But good job on catching up. Even though my grades didn't show it I'm pretty smart. He he he. Funny ay? I just thought of that. I thought I'd write it for your enjoyment and anyone elses that is going to read it. Have fun in the temple. GO AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE! (I wish there was such thing as double caps. Oh wait there is, it's called italics and bold. It was just caps before but I just changed it.
Austin- Dates. Step on it. You have two weeks. Please.
Natasha- What does your watch look like? Did you like the 6th grade dance? Did you kiss any boys?
Shaylee- How is your school life? Are you doing anything interesting in 3rd grade? Wait are you in 3rd grade? I don't remember exactly. Who is you teacher?
Well I love you all. I'm so thankful for Christ and all that he has done for us. CTR it is the only way to happiness.
Love,
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.