Well family after 6 months in Harrington I've finally been transferred. I'm now in Souderton, PA. My companions name is Elder Morgan... yes the same Elder Morgan that I was with in Upper Darby for a transfer. It was kind've crazy finding out that he was going to be my companion. When they showed that up on the transfer board I think we both looked up at the assistants and were waiting for them to say "Just Kidding!" but they didn't. Elder Morgan only has one transfer left so I will be his final companion but I'm excited to be in a new area with a new companion, sort of. Our address is 29 Poplar st. apt. A10 Hatfield, PA (Not sure of the zip).
Jordan- I'm glad to hear you got to be with E. Witison, or however you spell it, again. That's pretty cool that your spanish is already really good. You've only been out for what? 4 1/2 months. That's pretty cool. The scripture cases were pretty sweet also. To answer your questions my nobody was calling me during studies but I just haven't been learning as much as I would like. It's not because of somebody else, just me not learning as much. Also being a district leader was good. I'm no longer a district leader. Elder Morgan is the district leader now.
Well the last week in Harrington was a good one. We were able to say goodbye to all the people that I wanted to which was good. The computers in this library don't have card readers that I know of so I don't know how often I'll be able to send you pictures.
I'm kind of forgetting what we did last week. I don't have last transfers planner with me so I just have to go off my brain and a lot of running around has happened lately so we'll see how much I can remember. I also don't have as much time either, I think.
Dela and Clarence- We had a pretty good lesson with them a few days ago and we took a member with us and the member was pretty bold with them. They aren't married and the member talked about the importance of following what God expects of us. He got them to admit that they already know they need to get married but are just afraid to do so. So the lesson was really good but they didn't come to church this week. But it was stake conference in Dover so that had a little to do with it.
Jason and Tierney- Mom when B. Wells talked about the boy who "needed me" he's not quite a boy he's 15. So he sort of is but ya he's a great kid. They are doing really well. We talked about baptism the last time we met with them and they had to talk about it. So our Ward mission leader talked to Jason after stake conference this last sunday and Jason said to him "guess what? I'm mormon." It was pretty neat. So it's only a matter of time, I believe, until they are baptized.
Other than that... oh yah. We got a new investigator. Her name is Cindy. She is the girlfriend of a partly active member. She is really smart and is really well off (lots of money, pretty for her age, and great health) and she seems to really want to learn. she knows that there are areas that she needs to improve and wants to work on them. So she should be a great investigator for Elder Arnett and his new companion.
I don't remember much else of this last week except I played basketball for only the second time in 6 months and both of those times weren't a real game. This time we played 21. It was weird. A combination of working on my strength and not playing for 6 months has made me kind of rusty. I would've won if I could have made my free throws. There was one time where I was at 20 and I missed my free throw so I had to go back down. I missed enough free throws to win me the game twice over. It was ridiculous.
Mom- I'm glad you liked listening to the priesthood session. I thought it was great. I'm afraid I don't really have any puns for Austin. Except for something that I'm sure you've already thought of. The response could be "I'd be batty not to go with you." or something like "I'd be a joker if I said no" (joker the crazy bad guy, just in case you didn't get it). How short is your hair?
Dad- I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for the example you've set for me. Looking back I've learned a lot. Thanks for everything. You're the best.
Austin- So are you missing a couple toes? What shot your foot? A nerf gun? An airsoft gun? A nail gun? A hand gun? or A machine gun? or worse. (You can think of for yourself what "worse" would be) I think it was meant to be that you got asked out by a Longmore. Jordan and I did it so it was bound to happen. I wonder if their parents put them up to asking us all out because it's an interesting coincidence.
Natasha- I'm glad to hear you read my letter also. I hope you have fun in school and in life. Keep working hard and have fun.
Shaylee- How was your week? Are you working hard in school? I hope so. When you get older you'll be happy you worked hard. Keep being good and listen to what mom and dad say and try your hardest to be a good girl.
Well family I love you all. I'm grateful for everything you do for me. Thanks for the support.
I know the church is true. God lives. He loves us and does everything He does for us. Think about that. The supreme being in the universe who has a bajillion things going on and is the greatest being in the universe does everything he does for US. We're just tiny insignificant humans and yet God does everything He does for our benefit. It's a pretty humbling concept I think. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith is a prophet and he translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. President Monson is the prophet today.
Love you all. See ya soon.
Love,
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.