From: John Schouten [mailto:john.schouten@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:12 AM
To: Julie Schouten.; Jordan Schouten; mjs1@utah.edu; Mike Schouten
Subject: The Usual 5/14/12
Well I don't think that there is much to report today because I just talked to ya'll yesterday. I did really enjoy talking to everyone, the cousins and all included. I can't believe that was the last call. But oh well I'm not going to talk about it. I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well and that you had a good mothers day.
Kurt is still doing okay. He's struggling to find any desire to give up alcohol. He's not an alcoholic but that's what his family does to socialize and he doesn't want to exclude himself from his family because that's what he feels he'll be doing. So we're going to keep reading with him from the Book of Mormon to help him feel the spirit to help him gain a desire to quit drinking and all of those things.
We also have a new investigator with a date named Vermell. We're going to see how that turns out. She is the friend of a member and she came to church last week and we met her there. She's not 100% up top but she seems to understand what we say so we're going to keep going and things will turn out the way they're supposed to.
Other than that I think that's about all of the news that I didn't tell you last night.
Avengers must be a pretty good movie if both Mom and Dad mentioned in their emails that they really liked the movie. I've heard from a bunch of people here that it's super good. I'm glad you liked it.
Mom- With my BYU-I schedule I've made up I might in the future ask you to look up some of the professors and see what they are like because a couple of my classes have multiple different sessions at the same time with different times so I would like to know which one I would like the most.
Jordan- It's a bummer we didn't get to talk. I hear that you're starting to become like I was before the mission. Super skinny with the exception of your legs. I hope all is going well in Paraguay. I suppose we'll get to talk at Christmas time then.
Everyone else I love you all.
I know that God lives. He is there and cares for us. I was thinking the other night about how miserable it would be to not believe in God. It brings such happiness to life to know that there is someone else out there watching out for us that has our best interests in mind. If there wasn't a God life would just be plain old sad. There wouldn't be anything to hope for. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that I have. It is such a blessing in my life. I know that God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us. I'm so grateful for that sacrifice that He has made for me. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to tell people about Him. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is a book of scripture and it will bring us closer to Christ than any other book. I know that God has called a prophet today to lead us and help us find the way and avoid danger. I know that God loves us.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.