John sent pictures but they are too large for most peoples email so visit the blog to see them please: http://schouten-family.blogspot.com/
From: John Schouten [mailto:john.schouten@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:39 AM
To: Julie Schouten.; mjs1@utah.edu; Jordan Schouten; Mike Schouten
Subject: THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/29/12
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:39 AM
To: Julie Schouten.; mjs1@utah.edu; Jordan Schouten; Mike Schouten
Subject: THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/29/12
First off Mom the reason my letter was short last week was because The computer booted me off so I didn't have time to finish. I started writing and got through a good amount and then it said you have 1 minute, save or send your stuff now. So I did. That's why it was short. It was because I didn't have anymore time so I had to wrap up. Mom I'm looking up another class to replace my Book of Mormon class. I don't know that my missionary book of mormon class and my mission prep class fulfilled my book of mormon requirement they are different classes, but I'm not sure so I'm just going to sign up for a different religion class and then find out and most likely take it next semester. But the class I'll replace it with is called Family Foundations. I already know which teacher I want but just in case he's not available when I sign up could you look up...
Boyd L. Baggett, Rex M. Butterfield, Jeffery G.Chapman, Steven A. Dennis, Scott P. Ferguson, David Raymond Peck.
Those are the teachers that teach at the other times that I could take the class at the time I want.
Also with BYU-I registration it says that I have to have either BYU-I insurance or an insurance wavier or something like that to register. So if you could look up how to take care of that that would be appreciated very much. Please let me know what you find out. I don't want to have my registration times delayed and have all the classes I need gone because I didn't clear everything I needed to beforehand.
Well all that aside this week was the best ever. I finally got to go to the temple!!!!! It was the first time in 21 months. We got to do two sessions. We got there early and Suzanne's session didn't start until 2 and we had plenty of time so we went in and did a session earlier. The temple is just a great place. I really really enjoyed it. I felt the spirit SO strongly while I was there. I knew that that was where God wanted me. I really got a glimpse that the Celestial Kingdom is really where I want to be and where God wants me. It was Suzanne Miller that went to the temple. She was the lady that was baptized when I was in Upper Darby. She is just great and she really loved the temple. I also got to see Elder Johnson, well technically his name isn't Elder Johnson anymore because he went home 7-10 months ago. He was my companion when Suzanne was baptized and he was probably one of my favorite companions. It was really fun to get to talk to him. He will also be going to BYU-I when I get back so I'll get to see him again. But the temple was just great. I still feel good from going there. I also got to see Elder Baker again. He was my companion for a day. He was involved in Suzanne's reteaching process and she asked him to go so he was my temporary companion. That was weird to be with him again but I enjoyed it. I sent some pictures also. I'll explain them.. (I wasn't able to get a picture with Suzanne so I'm sorry about that. I'm kind of bummed myself so the others will have to do. I hope I can get a picture with her some other time because I'm not sure if I have one)
The pictures are...
- Elder Baker, Elder Arnett, and myself (we've all been companions with each other, crazy huh?)
- Elder Johnson and I in front of the DC temple
- Me in front of the temple
- Just the temple by itself from the lawn
- One of just the temple with the water fountain
- The temple from the highway coming to it.
- Finally, one of the Philly skyline on the way down to the temple.
Oh while I was there I also learned that I need to be more accountable. I learned that Christ was accountable and so I need to be as well.
We weren't able to see Kurt this week. He had some stuff he had to do when we normally meet with him and he was gone visiting family on Sunday for Memorial day weekend so he wasn't at church either.
We're working with a few other people also. There is a guy who was less active but is coming now, he didn't come before because he had no transportation, and we're going to be teaching his daughter who is 10 who isn't a member yet tonight. We also a while ago met a guy named Joel and we're going to try to continue to help him. He has a baptismal date for the 5th of August but we had an appointment with him but we had to change but he wasn't there anyway.
Well the temple took up a decent amount of my week. Oh while I was there I also learned that I need to be more accountable. I learned that Christ was accountable and so I need to be as well.
Mom- Sorry about the short email last week. As I said before this library's computer system is weird and it only tells you 1 minute beforehand if you're going to be kicked off or not so I got kicked off and didn't have time to write anything else because I couldn't. Also I'm glad to hear you had a good week. 1 hour of work a day during the week? That sounds pretty nice.
Dad- Your question from your co-worker about if the took a steel mill and turned it into a casino? Yes they did. Bethlehem steel used to be booming about 20-30 years ago but they went under and they still have lots of the stuff still standing but yes they turned parts of it into a casino. They also filmed part of one of the transformers movies there. I don't remember if it was 2 or 3. Whatever one that the movie started off in "China." Ya that was Bethlehem PA.
Natasha- I also have to admit, along with Jordan, that it was different hearing you say a guy was attractive. I'm used to you saying "Eww boys, icky!" Not "Oooo boys" (Just pretend I'm raising and lowering my eyebrows really fast right there) I can tell that you were preparing to go see avengers considering you watched 3 super hero movies in one week. I hope you enjoyed it. I hear it was really good. I hope you get feeling better.
Austin & Shaylee- I repeat what Jordan said. Are you alive?
Jordan- It's cool that you're in a new area. Have fun. You just hit your year mark. You are now on the downhill slope. I'm not saying this to make you trunky at all just to say that if you thought the first year was fast then you're in for a rude awakening on the second year. My second year has seemingly gone MUCH faster than the first year. So enjoy it while you can and work hard. Before you know it you'll be on the plane going home wondering where the time went.
I love you all. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ has again been restored to the earth. I know God loves us. I know the temples are truly places where we can make covenants with God and be "endowed with power" as the scriptures say. I know that Jesus Christ died for us. I know He loves us. The gospel is here to lead us and guide us and help us along the return path home. I love serving God. I know I have been blessed very much being out here.
Thank you for all the love and support.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.