Hola Familia!
This week was interesting. Really, I don´t even know what happened. I feel like I wrote you all yesterday...On Tuesday, there were transfers. We didn´t have any transfers, I´m still with Elder Jara, but the changes were crazy! My district leader, Elder Rodriguez, is still my district leader. And he will have 9 months when the change ends. It was crazy.
This week was good. I don´t really know how to describe it. Really. I´m thinking about it, looking at my planner, and I really don´t know what to say. We worked, walked a lot, and taught. We had a couple of baptismal dates, but they fell because they didn´t come to church, which was frustrating, but a part of the mission.
The only thing I can remember really, really clearly is my study. This week, I studied like CRAZY! If I had two spare seconds, I read the scriptures. I got up, did my exercise, showered, sat down to eat my breakfast while reading General Conference from October. After that, I studied 5 pages of the BoM (like I do everyday), and then studied whatever I needed to study for the day. In total everyday, I was studying for about an hour and a half every morning, and a bit more in the afternoons. It was powerful. If anybody thinks that the scriptures are not the words of God, they haven´t read them. Like it says in 2 Nephi 33:10, they truly testify of Christ. My testimony has been so strengthened this week, really studying and searching the scriptures. I was able to find something in my study almost every morning that I used later in the day in a lesson. It was such a blessing that the Lord gave me the desire again to seach the scriptures with all of my heart. And, it just so happened (NOT) that this week, the Area Presidency sent out a letter to all of the wards with a challenge to read the Book of Mormon, 15 minutes everyday as a family and 15 minutes alone everyday, for the entire year, with the goal of finishing the book before 2015. The stake president got up and spoke in our sacrament meeting and explain how important it was. This book changes the world, I´ve seen it in other people and in my own life. I want to give the same challenge to every single person that reads this letter. I know the majority of my family reads the scriptures, alone and as a family, but I know we can improve. Do it. Read at least 15 minutes everyday, and read the entire book of Mormon. it will do miracles in your life. You will find the answer to every question and problem that you have in life, if you read it with the spirit. I really want to give the invitation more than anything to Natasha and Shaylee. I know they are two young girls, but there isn´t a limit. Start reading now sisters. Really. it will bless your lives so much. President Joseph Fielding Smith read it two times before he was Eight. if you want the strength of the lord, read his words.
mom - That kind of weirds me out that when I get back my ward will be different....but it´s for the best. I hope. And that thing you said about enrichment was interesting and sooo true. Our minds our so powerful, that´s why D&C 4 says that we have to give our heart, might, mind, and strength. It is the gift that allows us to live. It is so crucial that we fill our minds with good things that bring us closer to God. oh, and I think I would die doing 5 hours of straight yard work now. I´m really weak. I just walk, nothing else. I get winded running two feet because I just walk. if I run or anything, it just makes it so I can´t work later on. But That´s impressive. 5 hours...
Dad - haha I liked your title. Are you building the set for Tasha´s play? That´s cool. I didn´t know. And I totally hear ya with the laziness and just wanting to watch the broadcast instead of being in the building. hahah.
John - good luck at college! I didn´t know you were that stressed last semester...I´m not even that stressed right now, and I´m me!!! hahaha.
Jordan - how goes life Professor Schouten PhD?
Tashita - was your joke a picture or just a bunch of symbols? Because I got like A TON of symbols. And it was actually sooooooooooooo incredibly stupíd that I laughed. And you should read my big rant about the Book of Mormon. Let it change your life.
Shaylee - I remember that family reunion!!! I don´t know how....And I was a lot fatter when I was 12...I still want that picture....and I really don´t understand what you mean about the fuzz...
Read the Book of Mormon. As my stake president says "kneel and pray, to have your interview with the Lord, and then read His answer in the scriptures"
Love.
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.