Monday, April 7

Austin: 4/7/2014 - General Conference is a lot better when I understand...

Description for Pictures: 

 

Jordan always said that they watered dirt in paraguay. They do it here to. For a service project, I did it too. hahaha. I´m here with my watered dirt. hahaha

 

This is almost all my district in our service project.

__________________________________________________

 

Hola Familia!! 

 

This weekend, I am not nearly as depressed as I was 6 months ago. I watched General Conference, in spanish, and I understood! It was really fantastic as everyone knows!!! I love conference and to be able to living prophets and more than anything, recieve personal revelation for me. My favorite talk (keeping with the Twitchell tradition) was one by a member of the 70. I really have no idea what his name was. And, I really don´t know what he talked about. All I know, is at least at the beginning of his talk, he talked about joseph smith and said that he was only 14 years old when he had the first vision. When I heard that, the scripture popped in my head, (it was an old mutual theme) "let no man despise thy youth but be thou an example of the believers" It was personal revelation for me. a lot of the time, I try to blame my problems on my limited time in the mission. I think "when I´ve got more time, i´ll study that." or "when I´ve got more time, I´ll be able to answer that question" or "when I´ve got more time, I´ll teach like I want to teach" But in that talk, I was just blessed to know that the Lord doesn´t care how much time I´ve got in the mission. He doesn´t care, only I do. I have to forget my fear. I limit myself, the lord doesn´t limit me. I chose to follow satan every time that I´m afraid, everytime I´m angry. It was such a blessing to me to be able to recieve an answer, that I didn´t even know that I needed, but the Lord did. He always knows what we need, and he always answers us, we just have to be ready to recieve his spirit. I am so grateful to my heavenly father that he loves me enough to answer my questions, individually. He knows me, and knows what I need, not just what I want. When we have fear, just trust in him, and in his timing. Because it´s what in the long run, is what we need and want.

 

Other than conference, this week was kind of crappy. We had a lot of lessons fall, we´re on the search for new investigators, but it was alright. I liked the week, I just know that I need to put my heart into this next we to have the results that the lord wants me to have.

 

Mom - your trip sounds fun. I think I´ve petted a sting ray before in sea world. It is cool. I really loved those talks too that you said. I loved how Elder Bednar taught that we need (I´m not sure what cargas is in english... burdens?) to progress. That some burdens come from god and others from our own desires and we need the burdens from god to have traction in life. 

 

Dad - I´m glad you liked your birthday! And it doesn´t matter that nobody was there, you´re still a 50 year old, old man. jajajaja.

 

John - I´m glad you can finally go back to college. I would die without anything to do. And I loved the priesthood session too. And I´ve really loved what you said about conference and why we need to study it. I´m going to study it, to remember what the lord has taught me. That is if I get the ensign...

 

Jordan - ya. You definitely never told me that was your plan. You´re going for a PhD? crazy. You´ll do it though. You´ve got the determination to do it, and you would be a great professor. Good luck, just trust in the lord to strengthen you when it´s hard.

 

Tashita - i just realized that when I make tasha into tashita, it´s like spanish. Who knew? Never thought of that. Have Jordan explain. I love that joke. And I still don´t know what that word means that you said...

 

Shaylee - did you like conference? How´s school going?

 

I love the lord, he is my strength and I´m so grateful that he sends prophets in our days to guide us.

 

Love,

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.