Wednesday, June 4

Austin: 6/2/2014 - The mission part....no idea

Hola Family!

 

Can I just say I hate coming up with subject lines every week? I just run out of ideas...

 

This week, wow. I truly could feel the blessings from the Lord. On Monday night, I had the most powerful lesson of my mission. My baptism that didn`t come to get confirmed for two weeks (I`ll get to her later), introduced us to her brother, Edgar. On Monday, we taught him the first lesson. Usually we don`t teach the first lesson until Joseph smith, but this time we did. For the first part of the lesson, it was good. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a good lesson. But when we got to Joseph Smith, wow. When I said the words of the first vision, the spirit filled the room. I almost cried, literally. I was about to. The spirit was so strong, that nobody in the world could every deny that there is a God, that Joseph Smith was a prophet. When I testified of him, I was testifying to myself. I could feel again, so strongly, why I`m a missionary. Why Joseph smith was so important. I can say now, without any doubt, that I KNOW that this is the true church. Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that we are here with a purpose, and without Joseph Smith, we couldn`t know what that purpose is. I know this is true, and I want every single person to feel the spirit in their heart, like I felt in mine.

 

I also realized in the lesson, again how blessed I am to have grown up in the church. The spirit isn`t anything new for me, and sometimes I take it for granted. The kid, Edgar, said it was the first time that he had felt the spirit in his life. I`m so grateful that I`ve had the gift for so long, and that I have learned to follow him. I don`t always, but I know, and have tested, that only throught the spirit can we be led to the truth. 

 

Another blessing I recieved this week was the chance to help one of the daughters of god to make a covenant with him. Melissa, the girl I baptized like two weeks ago, hasn`t come to church since, she never got confirmed. I felt so bad, because I know that baptism isn`t complete without the gift of the spirit. I wanted her to get confirmed, not for a number, no to say that I baptized somebody else, but I wanted her to have the blessings, and I wanted her to enter the door to the path to eternal life. And yesterday, she came to church! She came in, sat down next to us and her brother, and more or less said, I`m ready to be confirmed. And we confirmed her. I`m so grateful that we could help her make that covenant. I`m not going to lie, that she didn`t come for two week after scares me that next week she won`t come again, and that she`ll never come back. But I know that if she truly believes in the Lord, she will stay faithful. If she reads the book of Mormon like she knows that she should, she won`t fall. I don`t doubt the power of the book of Mormon at all. Because I have felt it`s power. And this saturday, we had a meeting with the stake president of Wiesse. He is a powerful man. He taught us that if the BOM isn`t true, then there is no God. The book of Mormon is the witness of god. It is not a witness of Joseph Smith, but a witness of God. I know God lives, because I know the BOM is true. The Lord himself says it in D&C. It is the key to bring us closer to God. Like it says in Helaman 5:12, if we build ourselves on the rock of Christ, we cannot fall. And the rock of christ in this time is the BOM. We will not fall. I will do all I can to build myself on that book, because it holds the knowledge that I need to be exalted.

 

Mom - happy anniversary! 25 years. Dang. You are old....hahaha. Good job! I`m glad you guys made that decision 25 years ago, because if you wouldn`t have made it, I wouldn`t be here right now in peru. Thanks love you

 

Dad - I say the same to you that I said to mom. Love you. And your calling is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love being a missionary. There is nothing better. And pres. Pitt already got back from his mission?? Holy crap....he would be the best ward mission leader ever...two days after being mission pres...jealousy

 

John - I liked that. Thanks. It`s so true. I hope you get the job

 

Dr. Schouten - have you got your doctorate degree already?

 

Tashita - what are you gunna do with the summer?

 

Shaylee - see what I said to Tashita.

 

I know this is true. I have no doubt.

 

Love

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.