Hello Family!
This week was...................................................interesting, let`s say. We had a lot of trials, but some success as well. We had a serious fight this week against el desanimo (I don`t know how to say that in english. Discouragement? Disappointment? something like that.) I don`t know why, nothing bad happened, we just fought it. There were just little things that hooked us. Letting 5 minutes slip away, again, and again, and again. We lost the key to our room on Saturday and we still haven`t found it, we`ve had to get in through the window a couple times. Just little struggles tried to pull us down. I honestly don`t know how to describe my week. If I liked it or not. It was really interesting.
We did have good experiences this week with our investigator, Edgar. He now has come to church twice, and is reading the Book of Mormon. He stopped reading the days that we didn`t visit him, so we taught him how important it is for him to read the BOM every single day, and he comitted to do it, and is reading. He`s reading, but he says he hasn`t recieved an answer about it yet. So we taught him about prayer, about how he truly has to talk to the Lord in his prayer. That was Saturday night. And then on Sunday, he went to church and the Stake President, President Meza, taught the priesthood lesson, about prayer. He talked about how Enos went hunting, which wasn`t a normal thing for the nephites. They farmed, it meant that he was completely desperate, he didn`t have anything. (I had never thought about it, but it`s true. In 2 nephi it tells us that) So he went hunting, and the words of his father deeply penetrated his heart, the words of the prophet. And his soul had hunger (i`m translating in my head from spanish) and he prayed, until his prayer reached the heavens. And after his prayer reached the heavens, he heard the voice of the Lord. To recieve the answer he was looking for (forgiveness for his sins), his prayer had to reach heaven and he had to hear the Lord`s voice. I was so grateful that Edgar was there, because it was exactly what he needed to hear. It was so powerful. In the words of Elder Sanchez "I never thought I would learn that much in a priesthood class" it was so strong, the spirit. I realized that a lot of the time lately, my prayers haven`t reached heaven. I`ve been calling upward, without true intent. But last night, I prayed, for real. I KNOW that my prayer reached the heavens and that the Lord heard me and answered me through his spirit. I didn`t hear any voice, but I felt his power. I know that the Lord is my father and wants to talk to me, but I have to call him first, and wait for his answer.
Mom - The parking looks crazy. You should send me pictures of the yard when it`s done. It will probably make me trunky. hahaha. I`m jealous of the break. I always loved summer. Right now I`m just working still, freezing my tail off.
Dad - that stinks, what happened with the garage. I feel the pain though, like I said, with my room......
Johnnyboy - BYU - I has killed you already? Or not yet?
Jordan - are you still in school? Or are you on break too?
Tashita - that line you sent me "You find it offensive? ...I find it funny... That is why I'm happier than you." is totally the moto of my life. I love it. hahahaha. and keep working. it`s the best thing in the world. I love to work. it`ll prepare you for the mission.
Shaylee - What does divergent mean? You probably understand english a lot better than I do now...............
Question. Have I sent any pictures of elder Sanchez? I don`t think I have....but I don`t have my converter so we`ll have to wait another week.
I know this church is true. I know the Lord hears our prayers and guides us through his spirit.
love
Elder Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.