Monday, June 23

Austin: 6/23/2014 - The Usual

Hola Familia!

 

If we`re being honest, I don`t even know what happened this week. I don`t know what things were this week, what things were the week before, or what things were the week before that. The time is flying sooooooooooo fast that i don`t even know where I am anymore. 

 

This biggest thing I learned this week is the importance of being direct, always. This week, Elder Sanchez and I dedicated ourselves more than usually to inviting to baptism in the first lesson, in contacts. Always. And a lot of times in the past, if we invited, if it was the first lesson we didn`t set a certain date for baptism. But this week, we decided that we were going to invite in every lesson, and set the date. On Saturday, we got 7 more baptismal dates, and then 2 more on Sunday. We finished the week with 14 baptismal dates, when the other weeks this transfer we`ve ended with 1 for three weeks and 3 another week. This week we ended with 14! I had to count them all about 5 times last night to actually believe the number. It was crazy! 

 

It was also incredible to see the change the spirit makes in people. In one lesson, when we got 4 baptismal dates, we started teaching, and they were very religous people. They didn`t really want anything to do with the church. They listened to us, because they thought it was important to listen to "the word of God" like every peruvian thinks. But they rejected what we said. But we kept teaching, and through the scriptures and our testimonies, we were able to invite the spirit, and they accepted baptism. I really learned, again, that I am nothing. What I say and do is not important. Because only the spirit teaches. And when they felt the spirit, they changed. I`m so grateful to not only feel the spirit, but to have it as my constant companion. I know the Lord loves me, and that is why He gave His son for me. So that I can have eternal life. And I feel His love through His spirit.

 

mom - your week sounds interesting. Extremely relaxing...jealousy....and I didn`t bring my book again. I`ll try to remember next week.

 

dad - A monthly trip to the temple? That would be the greatest thing in the world!!!

 

John - you went bridge jumping???? wow. Jealousy!!! You`ve manned up while I`ve been on the mission...hahaha

 

Dr. Schouten - que tal?

 

Tashita - that joke was great. I liked it a lot. I think anyone OCD would die in my house, because it`s just such a crappy house. It`s clean, but it`s just crap. 

 

Shaylee - you went to the temple for the first time??? That`s the greatest place on earth. The only place that beats the home. How did you feel?

 

Love you all!

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.