Tuesday, July 29

Austin: 7/28/2014 - On a scale from one to ten, I´m super confused

Hola Familia!

 

Yeah, like my subject says, I´M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This week was really eventful. On Monday, we wrote like normal, ya ya ya. And then after internet, we went to Metro (like walmart of peru) while we were there, I got a phone call, Elder Barrientos, one of the assistants, called. He told me that I was going to be emergency transfered, Tuesday morning. So, I´m not in Wiesse anymore! I´m in Comas, Retablo Ward. We didn´t know why they did the emergency changes (there were ten of them I think), until tueday morning. I went by my zone leaders house (of wiesse) and got something and we asked why. And they showed me a letter from president erickson saying that for a lot of disobedience, there were going to be emergency changes. I knew that meant one of two thing 1) I was disobedient and president wanted to get me out of my area or 2) he was sending me to help up a disobedient zone, like he did when he sent me to Wiesse. And so I knew that it was the second option. And then I got to comas, and realized what I thought was right. There was A TON of apostasy in Comas this last change. So president sent me here to help out, because he knows I´m obedient. So now I´m working my tail off, getting to know my area, and working to help out my district (they also made me District leader)

 

My new companion is Elder Ruiz. He has 21 months in the mission. He´s only got 2 and a half changes left. I´m 99% sure that I´m going to kill him (sent him to his house). He´s a good elder. He teaches way better than I do, and knows a lot. He´s only junior companion because he´s a little bit trunky, but I´ve heard he´s gotten better, and he really is working well. Sometimes his mind goes to Ecuador (that´s where he´s from), but he´s working well.

 

The biggest lesson I´ve learned this week is the importance of prayer. I trained about it in the district meeting, and then applied it in my life. I trained about the impórtance of teaching the investigators to pray from their hearts, so their prayer reaches heaven (like it says in enos). I felt I needed to train about it, because it´s one of the keys to conversion. Lamoni and his dad were converted after they prayed. It was a good thing that I needed to learn, and I hope it helped somebody else. And I felt it this week, the importance of prayer. I taught a invest that we have about prayer. It was so simple, just how to pray, and how important it is to be able to get an answer and how to feel the spirit answering you. It was powerful. I also applied prayer to myself. I prayed sooooooooooooooo much this week. I begged the lord for help. That he would help me, my compánion, my area, my ex-area, everything. I felt the lord strengthening me all week. If any of you don´t know what to do, if you feel alone, if you feel sad, if you´re extremely happy, it doesn´t matter. Just pray. The Lord wants to talk to you, and you just have to open you heart to him in sincere prayer. Pray, and He will bless you. I know, because I felt it all week.

 

love

Elder Schouten

 

(sorry this is short...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.