Hola Familia!
Domingo, 29 de Marzo
Today, I heard something that almost made me cry. Hno. Huapaya, a member here in Las Lomas, has a son that´s 11 years old. Today was Fast Sunday because of General Conference next week and Hno. Huapaya´s son got up and said "Hola, soy Cristian Huapaya. Todos me dicen que soy chato pero...ya. Soy Chato. Pero tengo a un amigo y le di un Libro de Mormon y le invite a la iglesia y me siento muy feliz. En el nombre de Jesucristo amen" (Hi. I´m Christian Huapaya. Everyone tells me I´m short but...ya. I´m short. But I have a friend and I gave him a Book of Mormon and I invited him to church and I feel really happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.) That was awe3some. He´s 11 years old. But it doesn´t end there. After Sacrament Meeting, he came up to me and asked "Elder, a usted le pertenece Juan Pablo Segundo?" (elder, is Juan Pablo 2 your area?) and I told him yes. And then he said "mi amigo vive por Juan Pablo 2. Le di un LDM y lo leyo y quiere aprender mas. Puedo hablar con el para que ustedes le visiten y puedo acompaƱarles?" (my friend lives in Juan Pablo 2. I gave him a BOM and he read it and wants to learn more. Can I talk to him so you guys visit him and can I go with you guys to teach him?) I almost cried when I heard that. He´s 11 and was so happy and excited to share the gospel. What an incredible example! When I was 11, who did I share the gospel with? No one. He´s 11, and he is fulfilling the Lord´s call to spread the gospel to every creature. Later on, I went up to his dad and told him he should be proud of his son.That´s an incredible example. His dad told me that the area 70´s talk on Sunday really inspired his son to share the gospel. He asked him dad for a BOM and gave it to his friend. That shows, once again, what we as adults can learn from children.Right before the kid went home after church, he said "Elder, el jueves es feriado. Voy a hablar com me amigo para que le visiten. Los llamo el martes para decir a que hora. Mi papa tiene su numero?" This work is so simple a child can do it! But this even really strengthened me and helped me remember and feel once again the greatness of the Work of Salvation. This work is true. This church is true. There is no other path to happiness, nor to eternal life. Christ is the way. He loves us, and will help us return to Him.
This week we worked hard. I honestly can say I did the best I could. That was all I wanted. I just tried to force myself at all time to do all I could. And I feel good about that. John talked today about in his mission, he just tried to put the Lord first, every moment of every day. I did that this week. I was sometimes accepted for putting him first, I was sometimes rejected. But I feel content and happy because I know that I did what the Lord wanted me to do. I followed his spirit who guided me to the correct answer. I know the Lord will always help us and guide us through his spirit.
Mom - you´re going to Bryce Canyon? Jealousy. That would be way fun, even if it were for jsut a day. and spring break sounds so amazing...someday. I told my president that I need my ecclesiatical endorsment, so we´ll see if he does it.
Dad - what are the cutler´s building? I got slightly confused. and from the picture I jsut saw that the field is destroyed...
john - thanks for the advice. That´s what i´ve been trying to do lately. I´ve been just trying to put the Lord first.
Jordan - hi
tasha - hi
Shaylee - what grade are you in? 7th?
I love you all and know this church is true. I know that Joseph smith was a prophet, called of God. Through him, the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored. I know it. My testimony and the spirit is what powers me everyday to do what the Lord needs. I know He lives. I know He suffered for our sins, and will carry us through our problems, if we just ask his help.
Love
Elder Schouten
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.