Hola Familia!
This week was a good week. I feel good. Do I feel perfect? No. Because I`m not, but I feel good. I feel like the Lord is happy with me. He wants me to keep going, keep getting better, but I feel like He`s happy with my progress. This week, I have felt the beginning of a change. I have felt me become better, striving to do what`s best, instead of what`s better.
Every transfer for the last 6 months or so I`ve had a moto that I`ve written on my planner. "Tranfer of Prayer" "Transfer of Service", lots of motos. (One thing I like about spanish is that they`re called "cambios" or Changes. So my planner says "Change of Prayer" "change of service" This week, we`ve about to start another transfer, and it is a "change of Goals" I have always been a self motivated person, but I`ve never really gotten good at setting personal goals. I always have goals about what I want to accomplish, but the few times I`ve set goals to become a better disiple of Christ, I`ve fallen. I haven`t reached what I have wanted. well, last week, I felt the beginning of a change in me because I set some personal goals to help me become a better disciple of Christ. They were very specific, and I have worked hard to meet my goals. I haven`t reached them as much as I`d like, but I have felt a change. I have felt the Lord helping me. And this transfer, I am going to keep working on these goals so that I can become like Christ. So I can always make the best desicion. I know that we can all reach our divine potential. Sometimes, we doubt ourselves, we believe that we can`t make it, but we can. Through Jesus Christ, we can reach what the Lord expects of us. We can become disciples. We can walk in the path of the Master. We can become like Him.
This week, the most spiritual experience I can remember was during sacrament Meeting, when we took the sacrament. In General Conference, lots of apostoles talked about what we are thinking about during the sacrament. Well, I don`t text in sacrament meeting, i don`t think about sports, but I do sometimes think about my investigators, what I`m going to do throught the day, things that aren`t important during sacrament. But this week, I really tried to focus. I blocked out the rest. And as I drank the water, I just felt instantly filled! I felt the true power of the sacrament. the Lord filled me with His spirit in that moment and I felt joy! I felt the power of the Atonement once again. And now that I remember, the night before I had prayed to be able to feel the power of the Atonement once again in my life, and I felt it yesterday. I felt the power of our Savior`s sacrifice. It is real. He will help us. If we put it all in His hands, it will all come out as He wants it to. He is the Master, He will mold us, He will create of us a masterpiece. He will create of us a god.
Mom - thank you for your advice every week. Sometimes I read it and think "no, I`m not like that. I`m doing good!" And then I look inside for a minute and I realize, "well, my mom still knows me better than I know myself." I`m trying. I`m working. Thanks for always helping me and praying for me.
Dad - they planted 140 trees in centerville? Where??
John - It`s so true what you said. If we just give it to the Lord, and do our best, we`ll be happy, and we`ll see his blessings.
Jordan - hi
Tashita - Aladin as in the old disney movie from when mom was a kid?
Shaylee - How is ya shawlee??
Love you all
Elder schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.