Monday, April 13

Austin: 4/13/2015

Hola Familia!

What a great week!

Martes 7 de Abril de 2015

I feel so good right now! It was a good day, it was not an easy day, but it was a good one. In the morning, we went to District meeting. Elder Nielsen started his training by saying "this training is for you guys. We need to apply this too, but more than anything it`s for you guys. Your area is doing really bad, and I know this will help you. Then he trained from D&C 64:33-34, that says "el seƱor require el corazon y una mente bien dispuesta". He taught us about how we choose what will happen to the area. He shared examples of Nephi, Peter, Abinadi, Ammon, who all had strong hears and willing minds. Then he gave us a little talk by Elder Ballard called "Mental Toughness" which talks about the power that our attitud has in our areas. It was great. It was exactly what we needed. He gave us the goal of 1 fecha bautismal this week and 10 contacts each every day (I contact 10 and my comp 10 as well.) It was great. I loved his training. It helped me realize that I`ve been trying to solve the problems from the wrong angle. I`ve been trying to fix all the problems around me instead of all the problems inside of me. Well, the problems are actually mine, I need to fix my problems. I have to fix my attitud problems, and the Lord will help the outside problems. It was just what I needed. 

At the end of District Meeting, I made the decision to be happy, work hard, and do my part, and love my comp while I`m at it. And it was a good idea. It was a really good day. I know we can keep it up, and it all just depends on our attitud. 


What a great week! At the end of the week, we had 13 more lessons than last week, and 48 more contacts than last week! It all depends on us. we chose to work better this week, and we felt a lot better while we did it, and we saw the blessings. we had 6 investigators in church (which is a lot), and we have a baptismal date. His name is Joel Sanchez. No, it`s not the same Joel Sanchez that got baptized a month ago. We`re really happy because we`ve seen the Lord`s blessings because we have done our part.

Mom - I really liked that lesson yesterday too. In peru, the lessons are the same. It was a great lesson about Joseph Smith. 

Dad - sounds like a good week.

John - that`s cool how you felt the same thing that I did in General Conference. Answers to questions from people you`ve never even met.

Jordan - so you`re going to sign me up for college classes? Don`t put me in english classes! Please. Put me in a spanish class.

Tashita - Loved the joke. Terribly funny. And you`re going to be a life guard? Typical. Mowing lawns is better.

Shaylee - how are you!

Love you all, thanks for your support and prayers. I feel them strengthening me!
Elder Schouten



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.