Monday, May 11

Austin: weekly 5/11/2015

Hola Familia!

 

Well, I really don`t have all that much to say, because we all talked yesterday afternoon...but I`ll try to say something that I didn`t tell you all yesterday.

 

What I really liked this week was to see how the Lord helps us. He truly does answer our prayers. This week, I have prayed a lot to help our investigators progress and to help us know what to teach to them. And He answered our prayers. We knew what we should teach everyone. On Saturday, we had a lesson with Maria Japa. She had a baptismal goal for the 16th of May. She was super happy and ready last week, but on Tuesday or Wednesday, we taught her and she said she didn`t want to be baptized anymore.So we invited her to pray and ask if she should be baptized the 16th. She said she wanted to be baptized, but she didn`t feel ready yet. So, we went and taught her again Saturday night with Cindy, our recent convert who is awesome. So, we verified her prayers, and she had prayed and felt good, but she didn`t feel like she should be baptized yet.We had a plan to teach her a bit to encourage her to be baptized and a bit about the Sabbath day. But as we taught, we just tried to reassure her that she does need to be baptized, but we all felt prompted to tell her to make her own desicion. we told her not to get baptized if she felt like we were forcing her. It was weird. I`ve never saidthat to anyone in my mission, but we all said it. And then, we finished the lesson.We didn`t talk about the Sabbath at all. After the lesson, talking to Elder Muruchi, we both had felt that we shouldn`t talk about the sabbath. I thought that maybe we shouldn`t talk about it because of time, but if my comp felt the same feeling, I know it came from the spirit. We were both on the verge of teaching it, and we both stopped, without talking to eachother about it. I know that was the guidance of the spirit. It was a good reminder about how the lord guides us through His spirit. 

 

Well, I really don`t have much else to say that I didn`t say yesterday...Love you all!!

Love

Elder Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.