Monday, February 18

Natasha's Weekly Mission Letter

Heyo! Well I'm sure all of you know, but we can call home and call our families each week! Literally the greatest news of my life. Sister Lewis and I were in our apartment Friday morning and our district leader called us and said, "Are you sitting down? Are you in a place where you can cheer?" We were like, "Uh yes..." Then he told us we could now call home. My first thought was, "You're joking." Which turned to excitement, which turned to stress, which turned back to excitement.

On Tuesday we had interviews with President and Sister Smith. I love interviews! Later that day Sister Lewis and I were tracting and we rewrote the words to popcorn popping. We changed them to,

ðŸŽķI looked out the window and what did I see?
Two sister missionaries staring at me.
They have brought me such a nice surprise,
A Book of Mormon right before my eyes.
I could read a chapter and learn some things,
Repent of my sins and become clean.
Polygamy's not so. Just one wife for me.
Two sister missionaries baptized me.ðŸŽķ

On Wednesday we had our Book of Mormon class and not as many people came this week, but it was still super awesome. We had a member there who's husband is inactive and while we were teaching her I just felt so much love for her. She told us some of her concerns towards her family and wanting to bring her kids up in the gospel and we were able to help her.

On Thursday we had exchanges! Exchanges are the best! It was also Valentine's day so we decided to heart attack some doors for some members/people that we're teaching. I was with Hermana Sanchez who has a bunch of energy and is one of the coolest, genuine people out there.

Friday night we read with a recent convert in the bom over the phone . Before we started reading I asked him where he was (in regards to the bom) and this is what he said,

Me: So where are you at?
Him: I'm on my couch right now.
Me: No. In the bom...
Him: Oh...

It was quite funny.

On Saturday we got to go to a baptism for one of the people that Sister Lewis taught in her last area. Baptisms are always the coolest.

A miracle this week has to do with a part member family we've been working with. The guy is a less active member who was a convert and went on a mission. Soon after he left the church and now says that he believes in a higher power, but that he's not sure if he believes in Christ as a savior. He told us that he wants to start coming back to church because he realized he was happier with the gospel in his life. We've been teaching him and his wife and she's really cool too. On Sunday Melissa decided she was going to come to sacrament at 10 with her 2 year old son, but Justin still came at 9 with his daughter. We can tell he wants the gospel back in his life even though he won't outright admit it! We're going to reactivate Justin then we're going to baptize his wife then they can be sealed in the temple with their 2 kids!

Also on Sunday while we were at dinner Brother Johnson called me Natasha 3 times. I was like, "What you doing Brother Johnson? You know you're not supposed to call me that." It was pretry funny.

Well that was pretty much my week. Love you all!

Love,
Tash


Pictures:
Virginia's pretty
Exchanges pics in front of the high school
Someone left a fake snake outside our apartment. It scared Sister Lewis pretty bad 😂😂
Really cute picture of me laying on the ground not being motivated to do anything.
We took a district photo. Each chair is a transfer we've been out.
Sister Lewis took an unexpected picture of me and as you can tell I wasn't really thrilled.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.