In my journal this week I decided to write the highlights of each day so I decided I'm going to do the same thing in this email.
On Monday we had a lesson and dinner with a part member family, Sister Christian and Kevin. They're both super awesome and now Kevin is on date to be baptized!
Tuesday we had another awesome lesson with another part member family. We had an awesome lesson with an awesome fellowshipper and things are good.
On Wednesday it was very wet and very cold. President Smith asked us to switch our weekly planning day to Wednesday instead of Thursday which we did willingly. That was a blessing. 🙏
Thursday we had a zone council and it was super great. We also taught a lesson to a family we met the other day and I think they're one of the cutest families I've ever met. The mom is from Canada and they have two kids and they're just cute.
We also had dinner with a family from the ward and we asked they're kids what missionaries do and one of them said, "One of them teaches and the other one makes sound effects." So that lead into a laughing session where we imagined what it would be like if missionaries made sounds effects in lessons.
Companion #1 in a lesson: Will you be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority?
Companion #2: *makes water splashing sound* 🌊
That night we got the cops called on us again! That's #4 for me. 😑. This time though I gave the police officer a book of Mormon card. Our wml told us that if the cops ever get called on us again we have to give him a card so I did!
Friday we had a lesson with this lady we found recently and during the lesson she asked us if there were any scriptures in the Book of Mormon that talk about depression. I was like, "Uh no....." but then Sister Lewis being much wiser than I am whips out 2 Nephi 4 and it was perfect. If any of y'all are stressed or struggling read 2 Nephi 4. It's all about Nephi being depressed, but then realizing that God is there with him and helping him. The lady teared up while we were reading it. It was really cool.
Saturday we went to a baptism that the elders had and Pharaoh came with us! Also I found out one of the people I taught from my last area got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that was super exciting to hear! He's been taught by missionaries for over a year and just didn't feel like he was ready, but after a talk with Presdient Smith he decided to get baptized!!! Wooo!!!!! Miracle.
Sunday was church and Melissa came again without her husband who's the member. Justin got called into work and she asked her daughter if she wanted to go to church and she did so they went. It was great!
Also throughout the week Sister Lewis has been teaching me sign language so I'm now fluent in knowing all the signs for animals, many of the foods, family, and numbers.
Love you all! Go share the gospel with someone this week.
Love,
Sister Schouten
Sister Lewis got another stellar picture of me this week
We found this beautiful bush with what I've been told are Camilla roses
All district council



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.