Tuesday, December 27

John: 12/27/2011

Sorry I didn't write ya'll yesterday. The library was closed so obviously I couldn't use the computer at the library if I can't get in the library without breaking the law. Hmm imagine that.

Well I'm glad you all had a great Christmas. Another thing I've learned on my mission, well I already knew it, is that it doesn't matter if the food is exactly the way you'd like, or if you didn't get very much for Christmas, or if something wasn't like you'd hoped but that
Christmas is all about Christ. It's about families and being together. All those worldly things don't really matter when you really think about it. The whole reason we have Christmas is because of Jesus Christ. He came to the earth and died for us and paid the price for our sins and made it possible to return to live with God. That's the real reason for Christmas.

You also asked what we did Christmas. Here goes. 6:15 woke up opened presents. 7 got ready for studies 8-10 studied. After that we went to church until around 12:30. 12:30 Elder Kauwe talked to his family and I worked on one of those puzzles you gave me (by the way that funky looking cube is the hardest thing ever. I can't even figure out how to make both ends of the puzzle a square let a lot the other two slices and getting the colors all aligned. I haven't started on the 12 sided one yet, at least that's how many sides I think it has on it.) 3-445ish talked to you, I think you knew that though from then on we had dinner at the Doylestown bishops house, chicken enchiladas. Mmm mmm mmm. They were good. Not your traditional Christmas dinner but it was scrumptious nonetheless. Then while we were there we watched the testaments. I love that movie. I especially love when the Savior comes down to the Nephites. You can feel the spirit sooooooo strong at that part. The spirit was truly testifying that He truly did come down to visit the Nephites as well as the Jews. Then we came home and played that spot it game you gave me and blink. They are both really fun and good missionary games, not too time consuming but still really fun. So ya we didn't have a normal proselyting day.

Mom- So you said something in your email about being homesick hearing our voices? How could that be you're at home. How could you be sick for home when you're already there? hehehe I'm just messing with you.
AJ is home? I thought he left on his mission in February? Did he come home early or was I just wrong?
Matt does look a little different. He's probably done the same thing that I've done and that is just filled out. 30 minutes of exercise every morning doesn't make you fat. Eating at members houses does but that's what exercise time is for is to keep you from getting fat and to keep you in shape.
Also thank you for all that you do. I'm grateful for all you do for me. I'm grateful to have you as my mother.
I know it's like 5 months away but the whole skype thing probably wont work for me. I don't know that we'll be able to use skype. Maybe we'll see. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Dad- That's cool that you were able to record some of the phone call. What parts did you get? I assume it was the part with both Jordan and I on the phone in a conference call thing?

Jordan- I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. It was cool to talk to you. Keep working hard and doing your best and you will be super happy.

Austin- It is not fat. It is muscle. If you don't believe me try working out for 30 minutes every day and going and lifting weights. I promise you'll gain muscle too. It's not fat, it's muscle. If you work out everyday except Sunday for just 30 minutes you will gain noticeable muscle, and if you don't (you will) I guess your body just doesn't work or you didn't work hard enough. If you still don't believe me after 6 months of working out I'll just show you that I'm not a fatty.

Natasha- I'm not fat. I've got more fat on my body than I used to but I'm not a fatty so don't listen to what Austin says about me being fat. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He hasn't seen me in a year and a half. I see myself everyday. It's not fat.
It was fun to talk to you. Have fun in school and be good.

Shaylee- It was fun to talk to you too. Have fun in school and listen to Mom and Dad.

I love you all and it was great to talk to you. The church is definitely true. The Savior came into the world to die for us and to pay for our sins and die for us so we could live with God again. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that to be true. Joseph Smith was the prophet who translated the Book of Mormon and who restored the gospel on the earth. I love you all. God lives and loves us all. Thanks for all the support you give me.

Love, Elder John Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.