Monday, January 2

John: 1/2/2012

So before I forget the address of our mission office has changed to 721 Paxon Hallow rd. suite B Broomall, PA.  So if you want to send me something and don't send it to my apartment then you need to send it there.  I think they said that they would forward all the mail for the mission that goes to the old mission office to the new one for a while but still it'd be better to send it to the new one so I'll get it.

 

So this week was a good week.  It was crazy because we've been running two areas, both Doylestown and Souderton.  They are the two biggest areas in our whole zone, granted most of the zone is made up of little city areas but we still have a really big area so we were running back and forth all week.  I don't have my planner because we just started a new transfer and last weeks schedule is in the old planner and I have my new one with me so I'll try to remember what I did.  We spent most of our week in doylestown.  We only had 4 lessons in Souderton this week. (In case you didn't know 4 lessons is really low)  We didn't have much time to work in Souderton and the time that we did have was taken up by other things.  We did end up with a whole half day to work in our area but it just so turned out that the guy that was coming to check out the damage on our car from me rear ending someone didn't come until around 1:40.  The people from their office said that he'd be there between 8 and 12.  So much for that.  So ya that day went down the drain.  But other than that we're doing well.  Being in a threesome has been a blast.  It's to bad that today is the last day we'll all be together.  Elder Dana is getting a new companion tomorrow and then Elder Kauwe and I will go back to Souderton.

 

We didn't see Jim this week.  We had an appointment with him but he got caught at work so we had to reschedule.  Other than that we didn't have any appointments with promising investigators.  We are teaching one guy but he's just listening to us to see what the differences are.  He could go somewhere but we've only taught him twice and haven't even started teaching the restoration to him yet but that will be next time.

 

I'm glad to hear BYU won.  Too bad about Heaps, at least BYU has another scholarship that they can give to somebody else now.

 

Mom- I forgot to tell you last week but if you see Aj will you ask him to send me a letter if he has the time? I would like to see how he's doing.    Maybe you should go to the store and get some new ankles and feet because it sounds like yours are faulty.  You should get them replaced :)  Also I have to admit that I don't remember what Tony was talking about when he says I'm still it.  It sounds familiar but I've been gone for a year and a half and I cannot remember so if you could tell me ASAP that would be great because it will probably bug me until I know.  So don't forget in your next email please.  I'm glad to hear that your lesson went really well.  I know for me as a missionary it's always great when your lesson goes perfectly and the spirit is really strong and you know that the investigator felt it as well.  Way to follow the spirit. 

 

Dad- The reason for me that Kings peak wasn't the greatest was because of the altitude sickness.  That just made all of us grumpy and hiking for hours on end, when your head hurts, and you don't feel well isn't the most memorable experience.  I've never been too fond of hiking since I was 12 and started going on hikes for camping and then hiking for 10 or 12 miles or whatever it was wasn't too fun.  Looking back on it the camp out wasn't terrible but I just didn't feel well and that long of a hike takes it's toll on you.

 

Jordan- I hope you had a good week and enjoy your heat because it's getting cold here in PA.  Well not really it's about freezing right now.  Not warm.  But it seems to me that you would be a person that would like cold better than hot. If so then you'd probably be fine.  Keep up the good work and be obedient and you'll be blessed.

 

Austin- YOU WENT ON A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if somebody had to twist your arm to get you on the date then I take back all my exclamation points except for one or two on the end of each part but either way I'm still happy to hear that you went.  It must've been a big thing because both Mom and Natasha mentioned it in their emails.  Congratulations.  Keep up the good work.  Also I'm not fat.  It's muscle  Be good and read PMG. (Preach My Gospel) If you want something that will really be able to help you prepare for your mission go to PMG pg. 107 the page is on "How The Book of Mormon answers questions of the soul."  If you can answer every one of those questions with the Book of Mormon they you'll be in good shape.

 

Natasha- Yes my church email is an email.  Why?  I figured I'd send that to you too.  See if you can figure it out.  If you can't I'll give you a hint at the end of the letter but you have to try to figure it out before you look.  If the hint isn't enough then just tell me next week and I'll tell you.

 

Shaylee- That's too bad that you didn't feel to good yesterday.  I hope you feel better and have fun at school.

 

Well I'll talk to you all later.  I'm glad to hear that you all had a good week and enjoyed yourselves.  The church is true.  God lives and loves us too.  He gives us challenges to help us grow and learn.  He cares about us and the hard things in our lives aren't because God doesn't care about us but it's just the opposite, it's because He cares about us.  Jesus Christ died for us and it is only through Him that we can return to live with God again.  The Book of Mormon is truly inspired of God and can answer any questions  of the soul that any of Gods children have.  Joseph Smith was a prophet and Thomas S. Monson is his successor today and he is a prophet as well.  He leads and guides the church of God today.

 

Love,

Elder John Schouten

 

 

 

Hint for Natasha- It came from the monkey you sent me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.